cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a cheaper plan for me?

Is there a cheaper plan for me?

ccloves61
New member | Level 2

Is there a cheaper way of getting this app. I love the app I just can't afford the 11.99 a month. I am on disability and make very very little.

6 Replies 6

maher1982
Super User

Hi, Dropbox is a free app if you are using the Basic plan, which includes 2 GB of storage. This is a good option if you don't need a large amount of storage. You can increase your storage up to 18 GB through the referral program , and you may be able to get even more through various promotions and offers.

The paid plan could start from about $2 monthly for Dropbox Basic Extra, if you are eligible for that plan, which gives you an extra 50 GB of storage per year.

But I just wanted to mention that the dropbox basic extra promotion is currently available for selected users only.

Himank31
Explorer | Level 4

How to become selected user?

maher1982
Super User
I think Dropbox selects users for this plan randomly, so if the link worked for you and you found the Basic Extra plan, that's okay. If not, you should choose from the other available plans

Himank31
Explorer | Level 4

Thank you for the reply. I have been using since 10 years but never selected. I doubt there must be some criteria. Another thing is there any life time plan in dropbox fo selected users as well?

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Himank31 - while there's no lifetime plan at this time, you can take a look at this idea and up-vote it to show your interest in this.

Let us know if you have any other questions. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

maher1982
Super User

Dropbox does not offer a lifetime plan for any users at present. Dropbox primarily offers subscription plans on a monthly or yearly basis. However, through the referral program, you can earn up to 16 GB of additional storage permanently.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

maher1982 Super User
    Walter Dropbox Staff
    Himank31 Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?