cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cancel subscription

I want to cancel my subscription, but I don't remember my login and email doesn't exist anymore

WT2
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I want to cancel my subscription, but I don't remember my logon and my email for this account doesn't exist anymore. How can I logon to cancel my subscription? Or I don't even want to logon, I just want it cancelled so I don't pay for something I don't use anymore.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@WT2 wrote:

I want to cancel my subscription, but I don't remember my logon and my email for this account doesn't exist anymore. How can I logon to cancel my subscription?

You'll need to contact Dropbox Support directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@WT2 wrote:

I want to cancel my subscription, but I don't remember my logon and my email for this account doesn't exist anymore. How can I logon to cancel my subscription?

You'll need to contact Dropbox Support directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

WT2
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Thanks, Rich. I was able to get it fixed with your instructions (and then some). ,👏

Gunela
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I'm having lots of trouble canceling my Pro subscription despite inserting the payment code and going through the various help forms. I filled out the form about billing requests help but the form wouldn't submit. I had contacted sales on chat but he directed me to the forms. I'd appreciate a real person making contact to fix my issues please.

Gunela
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Happy to say that my issue has been resolved.

dmc013
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I'm trying to cancel a subscription for an old unused account.  It says inactive accounts are automatically cancelled after 12 months, but apparently not if you're auto paying.   I haven't accessed this account in years, but noticed that I'm still getting billed. 

It says to login to cancel, but when I try to log in with the correct email and password it sends a code to the email address that I no longer can access.
Please contact me at the email address associated with this account so we can resolve this prior to my next bill.

Thanks.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@dmc013 wrote:

Please contact me at the email address associated with this account so we can resolve this prior to my next bill.

Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

dmc013
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

It requires me to login to get anywhere and I can't access the code they send when I try to login.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@dmc013 wrote:

It requires me to login to get anywhere and I can't access the code they send when I try to login.

Go through the entire form. It will allow you to submit a request without signing in.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @dmc013, if you're still having problems submitting a help request after Rich's suggestions, please let us know, so we can send you an email on our end.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?