cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cancel Automatic payments on my credit card for account/email I no longer have access to

I want to cancel a subscription but can't access old email

LetsDesign
Explorer | Level 3

I have a few dropbox accounts, currently signed into one of them. I am unable to sign into my other dropbox account as the email address is from an old employee, I no longer have access to it. I have the password but it is requesting a 6 digit code in which I can not access. How can I do this without having access to the email address? I have an invoice from dropbox showing the Premium monthly charge as proof that it is my account. 

29 Replies 29

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @NeolaMace, sorry to hear that you're in this situation.

I would actually suggest reaching out to our support team directly about this.

To do that, open a private browsing/incognito window and go to this page.

In the "I want to look up information related to" box, choose "other" and type in an email address you can access.

Fill out the rest of the form, submit your request and when you have your ticket number, please make sure to send it to us here as well.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

NeolaMace
Explorer | Level 4
Thank you so much for your help. I cannot submit a request because it is requiring me to enter my card number. I must have paid through Google Pay because the charge goes through every year and my debit card has changed multiple times.

NeolaMace
Explorer | Level 4
I have no idea now what card I had on there or even which card went through last year. Yes I absolutely want to reach out to the support team but I have not been able to do it.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @NeolaMace, I just sent you an email, and I'll be happy to continue troubleshooting there!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

gosgood1130
Explorer | Level 3

I have a similar case where I have a dropbox account through my former work email but am unable to access the account. I did speak to someone previously and have a work ticket number - Ticket #23770119: email access and cancellation of addl storage charges yearly coming up JUNE - but have had no response. Would you be ale to help?

Rich
Super User II

@gosgood1130 wrote:

I did speak to someone previously and have a work ticket number ... but have had no response.

When you created the ticket, did you enter your work email where it says Email address associated with the account? If so, their responses would be going to an email address you don't have access to.

If that's the case, create a new ticket and enter an email address that you have access to, then enter the problem email down below in the Other details section.

helpmeplease08
New member | Level 2

Hello,

My personal credit card was used for a different work dropbox account. I have left the company and no longer have access to my dropbox account (2-step requires email authorization and I am not talking to former company). I am still getting monthly dropbox payments and I need help stopping them without cancelling my credit card.

Dropbox support Chat has not been helpful. It is only showing me which account my credit card billing with 12 character ID is associated with.

Rich
Super User II

@helpmeplease08 wrote:

My personal credit card was used for a different work dropbox account. ... I am still getting monthly dropbox payments and I need help stopping them ...

You'll need to contact Dropbox Support directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

helpmeplease08
New member | Level 2

They require a sign-in to access support - which is my issue, as I am unable to sign into the account that is using my credit card for billing.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @helpmeplease08, no need to sign in to your account to access support for billing issues.

You'll just need to follow Rich's steps above and then:

1. In the "I want to look up information related to" section, choose "other" and type in an email address you can access.
  2. Fill out the rest of the form.
  3. Click "submit".

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?