cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've lost access to my Dropbox account and email address and I can't cancel my plan.

I've lost access to my Dropbox account and email address and I can't cancel my plan.

Ben46
New member | Level 2

I am trying to remove billing for a Dropbox account that I have lost access to both the account and the email address it is linked to. I am currently paying for a premium product that I no longer have access to and cannot contact Dropbox support for help.

Their 'chatbot' is one of the most useless I've encountered, they have a billing contact form - when you press submit it simply says 'There has been an error', and a phone system that just tells you to use the support screen in your account and immediately ends the call. These options simply DO NOT work for all scenarios, Dropbox!

I can't believe how poorly a company the size of Dropbox can manage customer support. Has anyone any experience of dealing with them? can you offer any advice so I might actually speak with someone, either through phone or email?! I'm at my witts end. I just want to remove billing details from the account.

12 Replies 12

Rheaa
New member | Level 2
I have the exact same issue. No Support. Emails go unanswered

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

@Ben46 and @Rheaa, can you please clarify how your Dropbox accounts got upgraded? Was it via www.dropbox.com or iTunes/Google Play?

@Ben46, when saying you want to remove your billing details from Dropbox, you mean you wish to totally cancel the subscription, right?

@Rheaa, have you also lost access both to the Dropbox account in question and the email address linked to it?

Let me know and we’ll take it from there.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Ben46
New member | Level 2

Yes, that's right - I would like to cancel the service. I upgraded the account through dropbox.com originally.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for confirming, @Ben46. In this case, please follow these exact steps to log a ticket with our support team. 

When doing so, make sure you’re NOT logged in to ANY Dropbox account, so that your ticket ends up in the correct queue and our support team picks it up. You can send me your ticket number here afterwards. 

Let me know if you face any trouble though.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

Ben46
New member | Level 2

That form previously responded with an error. I have submitted it again and it says it has now submitted, but because it only accepts the Dropbox account email, not a contact email, I will not receive any updates. Do I just assume action has been taken? Because as above, I have lost access to the email account.

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Ben46, it sounds like you signed into your Dropbox account, if you weren't given an option to enter your email. 

Please could you try again and make sure you're not signed in when submitting your query, and to be safe, enter your contact email in both fields, and then mention your inaccessible email in the 'Description' field later.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Ben46
New member | Level 2

No, that's not what I said. I said I no longer have access to the email account that is associated to the Dropbox account, so I won't/haven't received the ticket reference, or any subsequent emails.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

You don't need to put the affected email address in the form @Ben46 - just one that you can access so that you can receive our emails.

Could you give it a go and let us know how it goes?

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Ben46
New member | Level 2

The form specifically says 'Email address associated with the account' - I'm not sure how else you'd find the account? But there is no other space to input a contact email address. Hopefully you can advise?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    Ben46 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?