cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I paid for an upgrade, but I did not get it.

I paid for an upgrade, but I did not get it.

MPTOWN
New member | Level 2

I have a transaction ID from PayPal, a Dropbox ID in my confirmation email that matches the format for the the Dropbox payment lookup.  I tried the following the instructions for payment look up.  when I enter the last four of my CC (associated with PayPal) and the expiration date the webpage acts like I left everything blank.   since the system does no think I have more than a Basic account I cannot reach a human to help me.

I did reach someone via Sales chat, but they can't look up any transactions.   I need a human.  How do I reach one?

3 Replies 3

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @MPTOWN, let's jump right into this!

Have you tried to contact Dropbox Support directly for this?

You can visit the Support page while you're not signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Once you do, feel free to send me the ticket number reference, in order for me to locate it on my end.

Let me know more! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

MPTOWN
New member | Level 2

Because my upgrade did not take, I cannot get human support.  I emailed what I thought was support @ (Dropbox Support <support-paypal@dropbox.zendesk.com>) and got back an email that said that address is not monitored.   I just completed a dispute with PayPal to get a refund and cancel the service.   I hate this peopless crap that customer support has devolved into.  

I did get an email with this: 

Ticket #24267469: Dropbot Support Chat

Frankly, I don't know what good it will do.  That stupid bot never accepted any of the records I submitted.  I could not type free form to explain the problem, so God knows what it is working on.

Sorry for the rant, but I am no dummy.  I taught technology at the college level for 8 years and was the Academic Dean of Technical programs for two.  Then I finished my career as mobility engineer and engineering manager.   God knows what the tech challenged go through.

If you can help, I look forward to hearing back from you.

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @MPTOWN, we understand your frustration over this matter.

As you've already contacted PayPal to cancel the transaction, this means that they should be processing the refund on their end, and they would notify Dropbox of this change.

Keep me updated with any updates from them.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?