cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm trying to cancel the subscription for an account I can't access.

I'm trying to cancel the subscription for an account I can't access.

carrolbenj
Explorer | Level 3

I have a 2nd account attached to a different email that I no longer have access to since I no longer work for the company. I want to cancel the subscription tied to the account but cannot login since I can't complete 2 factor authentication without access to said email account. How can I cancel my subscription if dropbox won't let me?

8 Replies 8

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hey @carrolbenj, welcome to our forum. 

It sounds like you’re being asked for the one-time code (instead of two factor authentication). 

Can you clarify if you remember the password of the Dropbox account for which you’re being billed? 

Are you being charged directly by Dropbox or iTunes/Google Play for this plan? 

Keep me in the loop, and we’ll go from there.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

carrolbenj
Explorer | Level 3

It is a one time code, I do have the password but can't see the code without the email. I am being charged directly through dropbox, not either of the app stores. Thank you for the response!

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @carrolbenj, thanks for the info. To cancel the subscription without access to the account, you can contact the support team directly.

You can do this by opening an incognito/private browsing window, while not signed into your account, and accessing this link, choose 'Other' and then put in an email address that you can access, followed by your billing info.

Once you get a ticket ID from the automated response, please let me know the number here so I can locate it in our system.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

carrolbenj
Explorer | Level 3

I went through the process above and submitted a ticket, but I didn't get a ticket number. I'm assuming the email account I don't have access to that is tied to the account I'm trying to cancel got the ticket number. 

Rich
Super User II

@carrolbenj wrote:

I'm assuming the email account I don't have access to that is tied to the account I'm trying to cancel got the ticket number. 

Swap the email addresses. Enter an email address that works at the top of the form, and further down in the Other details section list the email address associated with the account.

carrolbenj
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you!

carrolbenj
Explorer | Level 3

Ticket #24210270

I did submit a ticket with the coppervale email first so their might be two tickets that look similar. 

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi again, @carrolbenj! I could locate your ticket and I can see a member of our support team has already assisted with your request.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
    carrolbenj Explorer | Level 3
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?