cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I have an unauthorized charge linked to an account I don't know.

I have an unauthorized charge linked to an account I don't know.

mjk3
New member | Level 2

does anyone have a direct phone number or at the least a direct email for dropbox. i need to get in contact with them asap and have ran circles around the website trying to find support.

47 Replies 47

MA54
Explorer | Level 3

This is what Drop Box has in their Provacy Policy, which I just found:

Dropbox is subject to oversight by the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. JAMS is the US-based independent organization responsible for reviewing and resolving complaints about our Data Privacy Framework compliance—free of charge to you. We ask that you first submit any such complaints directly to us via privacy @ dropbox.com. If you aren’t satisfied with our response, please contact JAMS at https: // www .jamsadr. com / dpf-dispute-resolution. In the event your concern still isn’t addressed by JAMS, you may be entitled to a binding arbitration as set forth in Annex I of the Data Privacy Framework Principles.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @MA54 - sorry to jump in here, but have you tried the steps Rich provided earlier to reach out to our support team for further assistance?

If so, you can share your ticket's ID with us here, so that we can look it up in our system too, if needed. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

nicrob16
Explorer | Level 3

Hello,

I downgraded my plan from Premium to Basic in March of 2022. According to my Dropbox account, the last charge to my bank account occurred on 2/20/2022. This charge appears on my bank statement, but I have been billed $12.74 on the 28th of each month since then even though my account should now be free. 

My Dropbox account is recognized as Basic (free) within the Manage Account tab in my Dropbox profile. 

The chatbot has not been very helpful, so I would really like to get in touch with someone to solve this issue and hopefully request a refund. 

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @nicrob16, let's jump right into this!

Can you please clarify if you've tried our self served look up tool to identify the email address that's associated with this charge?

Let me know what you find and we'll take it from there. 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

nicrob16
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Megan,

Thank you for helping me out! I do not have a 12-digit code. I only have access to the code on my bank statement. When I select the link to "billing help request", it just takes me back to the page with Dropbox Support options so I haven't been able to figure out how to actually submit the billing help request. 

It isn't impossible that I had another email address associated with Dropbox at some point, but I have only been charged for one Premium account per month even when I actually had the Premium account and I definitely have not created another Premium account through a different email address since I started receiving unauthorized charges.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @nicrob16!

I can definitely help you out with this. If you don't mind, I can open a ticket on my end for you in order for us to have a closer look.

Are you okay with this? 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Laureenn
New member | Level 2
I have an unauthorized charge and would like to request and refund and stop future charges. My ticket number is #24009889 and I’ve reached out to support and still no response

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Laureenn, thanks for posting here today! 

Would you mind checking if the ticket number you've provided is correct and that it has all the numbers correct? 

I'm asking because I just checked on our system, and couldn't locate the ticket number, or any other linked to your Dropbox-Community linked email address. 

Let me know more and we'll take it from there!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

lmich12
Explorer | Level 3

I am billed monthly however I can confirm the only account I am aware of is a free basic account.  The second account in the household was canceled yet the monthly charge still comes around and I have NO idea if a second forgotten account exists.  How do I stop the charge for a subscription we do not use?  

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @lmich12, thanks for reaching out about this.

If these payments are made through a credit card, you should be able to use our payment lookup tool, to find out the email associated with the paid account.

Let me know if you have any trouble finding that!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?