cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: contact

I have an unauthorized charge linked to an account I don't know.

mjk3
New member | Level 2

does anyone have a direct phone number or at the least a direct email for dropbox. i need to get in contact with them asap and have ran circles around the website trying to find support.

47 Replies 47

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @MA54 - sorry to jump in here, but I wanted to mention that you can reach out to our support team directly through this form for such matters.

Just make sure to use an incognito window and fill in all the relevant information.

Let us know how it goes!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @MA54, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

As this is related to sensitive billing info, I’d recommend getting in contact with our support team directly to look into this matter in more detail.

You can do this by opening an incognito/private browsing window, while not signed into your account, and accessing this link, choose 'Other' and then put in an email address that you can access, followed by your billing info.

Keep me updated with any progress.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

MA54
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Walter, and thank you, I did try the form & it did not work, it just brought me back to square one.  I may try the incognito window although inputting that info via chat doesnt seem safe and Im not feeling very confident in drop box security right now lol

MA54
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you Jay, I will check this out, I appreciate it

MA54
Explorer | Level 3

This is ridiculous.  29 charges of 11.99 & 12.99 on my account to random email adressses I do NOT own.  Its clear Drop Box DOES NOT PROTECT CLIENT BILLING INFO NOR CARE IF THEY STEAL MONEY FROM YOU.  This form you sent has no “other” option & what you are asking is for me to give my bank info via chat or email.  Drop Box is set up to scam people.  Drop Box assigned my billing info to a bunch of accounts that they are trying to charge so they are charging me.  BEWARE.

Im reporting Drop Box.  Thats over $300 in 2 weeks stolen from me via unauthorized Drop Box charges when I dont even have a drop box account!! How many other people are out there, do you wonder, that this has happened to?  DropBox offers

NO RECOURSE, NO CUSTOMER SERVICE, NO PHONE NUMBER OR EMAIL TO HELP YOU DEAL WITH THEIR DATA BREACH OR. UNSAFE HANDLING OF BANK INFO  DO NOT give them your bank info OR USE DROP BOX

Rich
Super User II

@MA54 wrote:
Its scary how none of this was authorized, I never gave my bank info to drop box ...

Dropbox cannot charge you if they don't have your billing information. If you've been charged and didn't give them your billing information, then someone else has and you should be contacting your bank.

This form you sent has no “other” option & what you are asking is for me to give my bank info via chat or email.

You need to visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues and you'll have the "Other" option. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in. If you're signed in to any account, you will not see this option. Make sure you're signed out.

3128d3daa6eaf386f4726a383526a7f0.gif

You'll be entering your billing information into a form on a secure page. Dropbox won't be able to look up the accounts associated with your billing information if you don't tell them what it is.

Drop Box assigned my billing info to a bunch of accountz that dont pay their bills so they are charging me.  BEWARE.

Dropbox doesn't, and can't, do that. They can't just take your billing information which you've never provided and assign it to some random accounts. The only way this happens is if your billing information has been compromised and has been used fraudulently by those that stole it. If that's the case then Dropbox can help get your billing information removed from the accounts, but that won't stop the problem from happening again. YOU NEED TO CONTACT YOUR BANK!

MA54
Explorer | Level 3

Drop Box indeed, has billed my account without me giving them my billing info.  For everyone reading…I have already contacted my bank, I have already looked up the accounts & obtained the user names.  There are over 20 peoples names.  Do you think 20 people would go to the trouble & risk their freedom, seriously, by stealing someones bank info so they could use it to pay for Drop Box charges all at the same time, right in a row?  Lol

The gig is up.  Drop Box knows what its been doing.  If you are a live person who works for DropBox, I expect someone should have a live person contact me asap.  Also, I tried the form, 3 times now, there is no “other” option.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

@MA54, if your payment details were found linked to the Dropbox accounts of 20 different users/people, then it really sounds like your billing info has been compromised and your bank will need to investigate further. 

Without manually upgrading your Dropbox account and inserting your payment details in the system, it is in fact impossible for Dropbox to charge you. 

As for the steps given above to log a ticket in our system, did you follow them from an incognito window where you’re NOT logged into any Dropbox account? If not, then you won’t see these options indeed.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

MA54
Explorer | Level 3

DropBox was given my bank info by a 3rd party, Canva.  I stated this already.  I gave Canva my bank jnfo.  It seems to me like DropBox’s client info has been compromised, are you serious?  DropBox took my money, no one else!!!
All of these user accounts/emails have been compromised.  Do we even know if these users had long standing accounts, or were they just started when I got billed?  Lets just see, shall we?  Again, DropBox has no phone number or email to speak with customer service, its a scandalous shame.  Ive paid over $300, certainly enough for a conversation to clear up billing errors, but why would Drop Box want to do that, right?  They want to keep your money, even if you didnt consent for them to take it.

MA54
Explorer | Level 3

@mjk3 @T1509 This is a scam!!  Report to your bank right away, Drop Box is committing fraud.  Drop Box purposefully has no recourse set up,  no email, no phone number, for customers in this situation, so they could do just this- Pull small amounts of money from lots of people all over by sneaking into 3rd party apps illegally, and then, whilst this creates a delay, even if/when they get caught, they still, I bet, will end up stealing alot from the public.  Anyone, really.  This is a shame.  Look how many people this has happened to & all you do is get run around in circles on this forum.  Anyone who has had this happen to them should report this publically.

Need more support?