cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: contact

I have an unauthorized charge linked to an account I don't know.

mjk3
New member | Level 2

does anyone have a direct phone number or at the least a direct email for dropbox. i need to get in contact with them asap and have ran circles around the website trying to find support.

47 Replies 47

Mark
Super User II

Phone support is only for paying business customers (note - not on a trial) and there is no email support. All support is via www.dropbox.com/support or here. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

T1509
Explorer | Level 3

I have a free Dropbox account (that I don't actually use). I've been charged $18.69AUD by Dropbox through Paypal. I haven't made any changes in dropbox, I haven't received any receipt from dropbox, I still have a free account, I can't view any billing because there is none and has never been any. I can't access support as I have a free account. I'm trying to dispute the charge, paypal does not care because they think it's just something I signed up to (not true). Is there any way to get help with this? I've searched everywhere for a contact email but because I have a free account it won't let me get any help. The email address paypal provided is a no reply address (support-paypal@dropbox.com).

Thanks 

mjk3
New member | Level 2

someone is using my debit card for their account payments and i’ve been charged the last 2 months for it. i enter my bank transaction id on dropbox to look up the payments and it is under a user with email [email removed as per Community Guidelines]. i have no idea who this person is nor have i ever heard of this website until i had a charge for it. so in order to report this i have to pay?

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @mjk3, & @T1509, let's jump right into this!

Have you tried to contact Dropbox Support directly for this?

You can visit the Support page while you're not signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Once you do, feel free to send me the ticket number reference, in order for me to locate it on my end.

Let me know more! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

T1509
Explorer | Level 3
Thanks, I’ve just done this. It was really confusing to use to be honest.
My ticket is 23700731

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey there, @T1509, thanks for that! 

I replied back to you just now. I'll see you there, cheers!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Rich
Super User II

@mjk3 wrote:

someone is using my debit card for their account payments and i’ve been charged the last 2 months for it.

Have you reported this to your bank? That's your first step. Dropbox can't charge your card if they don't have your billing information. If you didn't give it to them, someone else has and you need to contact your bank.

T1509
Explorer | Level 3
No, I just assume Dropbox would be able to sort it as they charged it…. They’ve just told me they won’t refund the charge and have provided me with a random persons email address and told me they’ll cancel “my subscription”. I’ll have to contact my bank, so frustrating though 😞

Mark
Super User II

@T1509 wrote:
No, I just assume Dropbox would be able to sort it as they charged it…. They’ve just told me they won’t refund the charge and have provided me with a random persons email address and told me they’ll cancel “my subscription”. I’ll have to contact my bank, so frustrating though 😞

Thats the right thing to do though. Your card has been compromised. If they are successful here they will do the same elsewhere. Its irresponsible to not talk to your bank about it. Your identify and spending are at risk if not. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?