cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I had the full referral bonus from the beginning of Dropbox, after buying subscription, disappeared

I had the full referral bonus from the beginning of Dropbox, after buying subscription, disappeared

cgdemoya
New member | Level 2

I had the full referral bonus from the beginning of Dropbox, I think it was a bonus of 500 MB for each referral, I had the full amount available referring lots of people.

I have two dropbox account, my personal and my family dropbox. 

I have tested to buy extra storage with my personal account, then realized it worked well, and opened another account to share with the family.

Since I have the new account with the subscription, I didn't renew the old one, that it's just personal, even though the other one let you manage your personal files, I have different devices I do not want them to merge. So, I was hopping I'll keep my old account with just my hardly referral earned bonuses. But guess what, it came back to 2GB.  By this time, the bonus didn't have a statement that says that will be voided in time... so I am wondering if support can restore that or what to do to be compensated.

2 Replies 2

Mark
Super User II

Dropbox doesnt remove referral bonuses when you stop subscribing - in fact when you subscribe they double and then when you stop they drop again. 

What does www.dropbox.com/events show?

You mention you have two accounts. How long is it since you logged in to the account you have got no referrals on?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @cgdemoya, are you certain that the personal account is the one with the referrals, and not the account you used when you signed up to the Family plan?

As @Mark said, when was the last time you accessed the personal account? Do you have a third email on which you created the referrals instead?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?