cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I identify a charge and cancel it?

How can I identify a charge and cancel it?

TL878
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Have had a charge taken from my bank with a 10 digit reference number. Card used expired a few months back and no longer exists. We are not currently using dropbox and i am unable to log a query as it wants details that i do not have. It looks like it is for an annual subscription but how can i find out what this charge relates to and get this charge stopped?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Mozek wrote:

I keep getting charged for Dropbox on my credit card ... Is my only recourse to go through the credit card company to block charges?

You'll need to contact Dropbox Support directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Dropbox cannot charge you if they don't have your billing information. If you've been charged and didn't give them your billing information, then someone else has and you should be contacting your bank.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@TL878 wrote:

... how can i find out what this charge relates to and get this charge stopped?

Use the credit card charge lookup tool, then contact Dropbox Support directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Dropbox cannot charge you if they don't have your billing information. If you've been charged and didn't give them your billing information, then someone else has and you should be contacting your bank.

Mozek
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I keep getting charged for Dropbox on my credit card and can't find any account linked to any of my known emails.  So it won't let me cancel the charge. I don't have Dropbox on any of my devices.  Is my only recourse to go through the credit card company to block charges?

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Mozek wrote:

I keep getting charged for Dropbox on my credit card ... Is my only recourse to go through the credit card company to block charges?

You'll need to contact Dropbox Support directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Mozek
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

That worked! Thanks for the guidance, just needed to enter the code from my credit card charge and got all I needed to cancel. Thanks again!!!!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mozek New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?