cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'd like to request a refund.

I'd like to request a refund.

Sheilaru
Explorer | Level 3

I transferred files to my husband (across the room) with the basic plan. He never opened them, so I tried again and was bumped up to Premium, charging my credit card $199.99. I do NOT recall requesting the upgrade.

When I saw the statement charge, I deleted all my files and canceled my subscription. Then I tried opening a new account to see if I could get into the system to ask for a refund.

There is NO person to talk to. The hoops to get this resolved is beyond frustrating. And I am 80 years old, so don’t have the skills to work the system to solve the problem.

Lying awake worrying about this is unhealthy.

2 Replies 2

Mark
Super User II

Dropbox cannot upgrade you unless you give it your card details. The Dropbox service is totally free unless you choose and elect to buy an upgrade. 

Have you seen this page about refunds and how to contact Dropbox? You need to do that from the account you upgraded: https://help.dropbox.com/plans/refund

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Sheilaru
Explorer | Level 3

I had to give the card details to take advantage of the “free trial."

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Sheilaru Explorer | Level 3
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?