cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't find which Dropbox account I'm being charged for

I can't find which Dropbox account I'm being charged for

xdkatethegreat
Explorer | Level 3

I have a reoccurring charge on my card from Dropbox and in all of my known Dropbox accounts I only have the "Basic" subscription.

I am thinking this may be several years old from an account associated with an email address I no longer have access to. Since I can't login (and don't even know which email address to use to login), I can't downgrade or cancel the subscription.

Can you please advise how to cancel this reoccurring charge?

Best,

Kate

7 Replies 7

Rich
Super User II

@xdkatethegreat wrote:

I have a reoccurring charge on my card from Dropbox and in all of my known Dropbox accounts I only have the "Basic" subscription.

You can use the credit card charge lookup tool to identify the account you're being charged for.

Can you please advise how to cancel this reoccurring charge?

If you can identify the account using the link above, you may be able to sign into the account and cancel it through the website. If you can't identify the account or you're unable to sign into it, you'll need to contact Dropbox Support directly.

Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

xdkatethegreat
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks Rich! I really appreciate your reply. I did use the tool but unfortunately it returns an error message "Please enter the expiration date and last 4 digits of the billed credit card" despite having entered all of the information correctly.

I have contacted my bank as well but it looks like Dropbox makes contacting them very difficult..

Rich
Super User II

@xdkatethegreat wrote:

... it looks like Dropbox makes contacting them very difficult..

Follow the steps I listed above and you'll be able to open a ticket with Support. You'll receive an email with a ticket number. Be sure to check your Junk/Spam if you don't receive it. Reply back here with the ticket number and a Dropboxer might pick up on it.

xdkatethegreat
Explorer | Level 3

Regarding visiting the support page while I'm not logged in - I tried this as well but it prompts me to enter the email address associated with the account which I do not know nor have access to.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hey @xdkatethegreat! You don’t need to worry too much about the email address of that account. 

You can open the ticket with the steps Rich provided above and insert the email address of your current Dropbox account (the one linked to your Community profile here), while explaining the situation in the email you’ll leave our team. 

Ping me when you’ve received your ticket number, and I’ll leave our support team an internal note for you.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

xdkatethegreat
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you! The ticket number is 23772551

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

You’re all set, @xdkatethegreat! I’ve left our team a note, and they’ll get back to you as soon as they’ve reviewed your case.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
    xdkatethegreat Explorer | Level 3
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?