cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't find the option to chat/call the support team, even though I'm on Professional.

I can't find the option to chat/call the support team, even though I'm on Professional.

CrazyCajun
Explorer | Level 4

Here's my email if you need it to verify my support level. [removed per Community Guidelines]

I may not even be where I'm supposed to be asking this, BUT I cannot find where I can email support.

If I'm not mistaken, I subscribe to the Professional edition.
My biggest problem is simply trying to access Live Chat. By accident, I've used it in the past, BUT I cannot find that option again!
I've looked at the Community notes, and they tell you in various ways to go to Support, and if I qualify for a live chat, I will see a Chat Option. I'm sorry, but I do not see this option... I also see where my level of support should allow me to call for support, but AGAIN, as many times as I've tried, I cannot find a Support Phone Number that I can use.
I would GREATLY APPRECIATE it if someone would simply let me know EXACTLY where the Live Chat option is AND give me the Support phone number.
I really need a reply and your help.
Thanks... Gary [removed per Community Guidelines]

8 Replies 8

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Welcome to our Community, @CrazyCajun.

Phone support is currently available to paid Dropbox teams; since Professional is a personal plan, you wouldn’t be able to call in, I’m afraid. You should be able to chat with our support team though.

Can you please go to our support page here and send me a screenshot of the support options you see, if chat is still not available there? 

Ping me when you’re ready.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

CrazyCajun
Explorer | Level 4

Yes, the box for Live Chat is checked.

I guess I'm just not looking in the right place, but I cannot find a button or an option that will bring me to Live Chat... I'm sorry, but I've looked everywhere.
I have also tried to find out how to send Support an email and, again, try as I have...I'm unable to find that either. 
I have a friend I speak to quite often who was using Dropbox but has since unsubscribed because he was having similar problems with locating needed options.
Although your program does provide a good backup service, it really doesn't make it easy for new users to locate 'stuff' they need...

CrazyCajun
Explorer | Level 4

What do you mean by "Ping me when ready?" How do I do that?

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

@CrazyCajun, if you go here for example, do you still not see an option to chat in? 

If you don’t, please send me a screenshot of what you see exactly and I’ll have a look for you.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

CrazyCajun
Explorer | Level 4

OK... I found the Chat blue bubble in the lower right corner of my screen. I really didn't find it, I tripped across it as my cursor just happened to pass over it. 
Far be it from me to tell y'all how to design your program, but it would have been so much easier if the words LIVE CHAT hovered over or around that bubble so newbies like me would see what it is immediately.
Also, could you please explain to me what you meant by "Ping me..?"
And lastly, how do or where do I go to send support an email? Or is it another one of those lil' bubbles I need to be looking for..?

I thank you for putting up with my struggles... 🙂

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @CrazyCajun, when you navigate through the options on the main support page, and choose the last 'This did not solve my issue', then you'll get an option to 'Submit a request', which is an email to the team.

My colleague mentioned 'ping me' as in to reply to her message, which you did so.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

CrazyCajun
Explorer | Level 4

It's me again... After entering the above Reply, I went back to various screens to check out Live Chat, and believe me or not, the lil' blue Chat bubble DID NOT APPEAR on any of the many Dropbox screens I opened. Not one... Why? What am I doing wrong?

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Please could you confirm the exact steps you're following to access the Chat?

What URL are you looking at currently? For instance, does this page show an option for Chat?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    CrazyCajun Explorer | Level 4
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?