cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I cancel my Dropbox Plus Trial?

How do I cancel my Dropbox Plus Trial?

jacksaturn
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I followed the directions here to cancel my trial:

https://www.dropbox.com/help/billing/app-store-subscriptions

But I don't see the option within the App Store that will allow me to toggle the Automatic Renewal to "Off."

I also tried following these instructions:

https://www.dropbox.com/help/space/cancel-plus

But when I go to my Account page, there's no link to "Cancel Trial."

I feel like I'm running in circles with this. My trial is set to expire in the next 48 hours and I want to make sure I have cancelled so I am not billed for a renewal. Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

cyan1 wrote:
I have posted this and submitted the following other places:

There's no need to cross-post this on other unrelated threads. Your other posts were removed. You can reply here on this thread if needed.

1. Sign in to the dropbox.com :heavy_check_mark:
2. Click your avatar.:heavy_check_mark:
3. Click Settings.:heavy_check_mark:
4. Click Plan.:heavy_check_mark:
5. At the bottom of the page, choose Cancel plan.:cross_mark:

#5- No such option. Does not work with cache cleared, either.

Those appear to be the steps to cancel an active Plus account; not a trial. Make sure you're following the instructions listed in the following help article:

Also, the Dropbox web interface has recently changed, so some help articles might still need to be updated. If you don't see a Cancel link on your Account tab, check the Plan and other tabs as well.

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

jacksaturn
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Also wanted to mention that when I try to submit a ticket about this issue, the submission page seems to be broken. None of the drop-down menus work where I'm supposed to specify my computer type, etc., and the submit button doesn't show any text and can't be clicked. I'm using El Capitan on OS X, for what it's worth. I tried in both Chrome and Safari.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Have you tried with a browser in incognito mode?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

cyan1
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
This is ridiculous- me too. Using incognito? Why does this have to be so complicated. You provide instructions we cannot follow!

How do I unsubscribe!?

I want to swear!

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

cyan1 wrote:
This is ridiculous- me too. Using incognito?

Using an Incognito or private browser session assures that your not loading any cached data. It's a clean browser session used to eliminate a possible browser problem. It's not a requirement to use it to unsubscribe; it's a troubleshooting step.

Why does this have to be so complicated. You provide instructions we cannot follow!

It's not complicated, and the instructions work just fine. The symptoms described above all seem to be browser based, which is why Mark suggested the Incognito window. My advice would have been to clear your cache/browsing history and try again, or try another browser. Using an Incognito window accomplishes the same.

cyan1
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
I cleared everything and there is still no option to cancel on the plan or billing page.

I can't believe how impossible it is to cancel a subscription here. This is really dishonest business. You give instructions to cancel that have to be dug for and cannot be followed.
You say to go to avatar, then "plan" and go to the bottom of page and hit "cancel,"-- there is no such option! No such button. No such link on that page for me.
There are other members who have posted similar issues and the responses are unsatisfactory. You basically re-state the same couple of sets of instructions to cancel which are of no use.
Unreal.

cyan1
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

cyan1 wrote:

There's no need to cross-post this on other unrelated threads. Your other posts were removed. You can reply here on this thread if needed.

Those appear to be the steps to cancel an active Plus account; not a trial. Make sure you're following the instructions listed in the following help article:

Also, the Dropbox web interface has recently changed, so some help articles might still need to be updated. If you don't see a Cancel link on your Account tab, check the Plan and other tabs as well.

DB86
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi i've tried all the methods mentioned to cancel my trial but cannot locate any of them. I want to cancel it today

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution
How/where did you sign up for the trial?
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Cathie7 New member | Level 2
    DB86 Explorer | Level 3
    Rob_Cash Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?