cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Upgrade Plan

How can I upgrade from Plus to Professional when I upgraded via the Android app?

VexIllar88
New member | Level 2

Is there any way to upgrade my plan from Plus to Professional?
I subscribed via Google Play and i'm unable to upgrade my plan to Professional, i don't have any possibilities in the app for that as it always takes me to Google Play where i can only decide that i'd like to continue that very subscribtion or not.
If i go to dropbox.com then it writes that "Your plan and billing information are managed externally." and i can't even start a free trial and it also takes me to Play Store..
What can i do with that?
I honestly think that it's quite ridicolous that upgrading an account is that difficult...

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II

@VexIllar88 wrote:
Is there any way to upgrade my plan from Plus to Professional? I subscribed via Google Play ...

You would need to cancel your subscription in Google Play, wait for your account to downgrade back to Basic at the end of the billing period, then you could upgrade to Professional through the Dropbox website.

VexIllar88
New member | Level 2
Thank you!
So it means that if you subscribed via Google Play you have to wait until the subscribtion ends and only then you can upgrade...
Need more support?