cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I switch from a team account to an individual plan?

How can I switch from a team account to an individual plan?

KeenanWellar
Explorer | Level 3

Is it just me, or are there so many barriers to moving from a 3-user account to a 1-user account that I just end up paying 3x more than what I should be paying becuase it is so impossible to understand the process even after being dircted to read page after page of information that doesn't actually explain how to do it other than cancelling the plan completely and then trying to figure out what is needed to replace it?!? Why can't I just check a box for 1 user and the amount of storage I want?

8 Replies 8

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Welcome aboard our Community, @KeenanWellar

When saying you don’t know what’s needed to replace your current plan, after cancelling it, can you clarify what you mean? 

Are you not sure about the type of individual Dropbox subscription you should choose next based on your needs? Or are you having trouble upgrading to a specific plan?

I can also see you reached out to our support team in the meantime, but if you still have any questions, feel free to ping me. 

I’ll be here for anything else.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

KeenanWellar
Explorer | Level 3
I only need one user. I don't need to change anything else. The process is bizarre. I have to cancel my plan, then have the account frozen, than choose a new plan...this is 2024, not 1997, who can't I just click a box for one user and 5TB and be done with it? I ended up paying 3x more $ than necessary in June because it's impossible to understand and I didn't want to lose access.

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @KeenanWellar, currently, there isn't an option for an individual plan with 5 TB of quota. Dropbox Professional has 3 TB of quota, but with an optional add on, you can increase it by 1 TB.

Are you looking to use a Dropbox team plan, but with only the price of one license instead of the minimum of 3 licenses?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

KeenanWellar
Explorer | Level 3
Like I said, this is incredibly hard and confusing. I would like 5TB for one user. I have wasted probably $1000 over the past three years on 3 users and 15TB because it's so impossible to figure this out and the scary messages of what will happen with a "downgrade" is so dissuasive that your customers become paralyzed.

Jay
Dropbox Staff

We appreciate the feedback on this matter. Currently, there isn't a personal plan for a single user with 5 TB of quota.

If you have any further queries, feel free to message back.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

KeenanWellar
Explorer | Level 3
And on it goes...flexible digital storage solutions from 1997 👎

KeenanWellar
Explorer | Level 3

So, I tried to play along with all of this, and here is what is happening: I was already overpaying $900 for $300 of service (three users and 15TB when I need only one users and 5TB) because you don't offer a way to go down to one user without cancelling. I tried to understand (because you'd think there must be a way) to make this happen. I could not understand it so got forced into another year (in June). So I got back at it trying to figure it out in August. I try following all of the instructions and decide to trust in Dropbox when they say to cancel what I have and I can "downgrade" to an individual plan. But now I find out that this means I have kissed away the $900 and now I have to pay at least another $300, just to have one user and 3TB?!? Do I have that right?!?

KeenanWellar
Explorer | Level 3

OK, this has been a really weird journey, but ultimately, it seems like I will be getting a pro-rated refund for the previous plan, and I am now on the Essentials plan. So I guess, case closed!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

KeenanWellar Explorer | Level 3
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?