cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I make sure my Dropbox trial is cancelled?

How can I make sure my Dropbox trial is cancelled?

JGAV
Explorer | Level 3
Allen, Dropbox zegt dat ik een proefabonnement heb genomen. Daar weet ik niets van en om dat ongedaan te maken is onmogelijk. Wie weer de oplossing?
33 Replies 33

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hallo @JGAV, en bedankt voor het posten op ons forum vandaag!

Heb je al je e-mailadressen gecontroleerd (zowel je inbox als je spammap) en is er geen upgradebevestiging van Dropbox?

Als je de specifieke Dropbox-e-mail kunt vinden, kun je met dat e-mailadres inloggen bij Dropbox en proberen te annuleren via je abonnementspagina hier.

Als je Dropbox-account echter is geüpgraded via iTunes/Google Play, moet je deze op deze manier annuleren.

Laat me weten of dit helpt.

------------------

Hi @JGAV, and thanks for posting on our forum today!

Have you checked all your email addresses (both your inbox and spam folder), and there’s no upgrade confirmation from Dropbox? 

If you can find the specific Dropbox email, you can log into Dropbox with that email address and try to cancel via your Plan page here.

In case your Dropbox account has been upgraded via iTunes/Google Play though, you’ll need to cancel this way.

Let me know if this helps.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

JGAV
Explorer | Level 3

Beste Nancy, ik heb van alles geprobeerd, maar kom niet verder. Op mijn account zie ik alleen de vrije Dropbox staan, maar Dropbox zegt mij, als ik niet reageer op mijn proefabonnement, wat ik volgens mij NIET geb aanfmgemaakt, dan gaat het automatisch over naar een vast abonnement en dat wil ik niet en kan ik ook niet betalen. Groet Joop [removed per Community Guidelines].

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hoi @JGAV! Kunt u mij een volledige schermafbeelding sturen van waar u precies ziet dat u voor een betaald abonnement in rekening wordt gebracht? Ik zou graag een visueel beeld willen hebben en van daaruit verder gaan.

----------------

Hey @JGAV! Can you send me a full screenshot of where you see exactly that you’re going to be billed for a paid subscription? I’d like to have a visual and go from there.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

JGAV
Explorer | Level 3

Dear Nancy, that is just the problem. 
I've received an email that suggest that I have asked for a trial subscription, ans in my opinion, I did not, but the answer I get is to go to Google Play Store to undo the trial subscription. But when I look to my account, I can only see my free account and nothing else, so I think that I've received a suggestion that I have a trial subscription. But I can't find that. Where I am afraid of is, that I will be too late with deleten the so called trial subscription and I can't pay for any other subscription. 
I also can't get any further with my steps to do anything to delete the trial subscription. 
I hope you can help me by looking at my account, I asume that a trial subscription should be visible on my account. I hope you can help with this breathtaking situation. Kind regards, Joop [removed per Community Guidelines].

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

To clarify, have you checked your Google Play account and there’s no subscription for Dropbox there? Please check the following pages, and let me know if you can find something more (feel free to send me screenshots too, while hiding your personal info):

1. https://play.google.com/store/account/orderhistory
  2. https://pay.google.com/payments/home#oneTimePurchase
  3. https://play.google.com/store/account/subscriptions
  4. https://pay.google.com/payments/home#subscriptionsAndServices

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

JGAV
Explorer | Level 3
Dear Nancy, thank you for sending these links. But as far as I know, I don't have a Google Play Account and ig I do have I don't know how to do so. I am 76 years old and I don't understand these things.
The only thing I want is to read that I don't have registered a trial subscription, so I can errase Dropbox from my mobile Phone.
I'm afraid (scared) that I get in trouwde by not paying for something Dropbox claims that I have taken.
I can send you a screenshot of my account, on which you can see what I have on/in Dropbox, but I don't know if a trial subscription is registered also on that place.
Can you tell me how I can send you a screenshot please.
Kind regards, Joop Veeninga

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @JGAV - sorry to jump in here, but I wanted to mention that you can send us a screenshot through the camera icon (insert photo option) within your reply's box.

Also, you didn't clarify, what is your plan tab showing at the moment? 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

JGAV
Explorer | Level 3
Dear Nancy and or Walter,
I still have no answer if my trial subscription has been stopped and and if I use sign out when I see in my account, is this for signing out for trial subscription or sign out for Total Dropbox?
Why is it not possible to react by email, that is far more easier and safer for the client?
Please respond on this item. Thanks in advance. Kind regards, Joop Veeninga

Rogaa
Explorer | Level 4

Hi there. If you are trialing a personal or individual plan, you can refer on this link for instructions on how to cancel : https://help.dropbox.com/plans/cancel-free-trial .  For team plan trial, here is the link : https://help.dropbox.com/plans/cancel-dropbox-business-free-trial . Hope this helps. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

JGAV Explorer | Level 3
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?