cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We just wanted to say thank you! Check out our customer appreciation video here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t cancel free trial - don't see option in settings

Can’t cancel free trial - don't see option in settings

DSSlagle
New member | Level 2
I have followed the instructions to cancel my free trial by going into settings, tapping my name and then tapping subscriptions. Nothing shows up as a subscription for Dropbox. Please help.
9 Replies 9

Rich
Super User II

@DSSlagle wrote:
I have followed the instructions to cancel my free trial by going into settings, tapping my name and then tapping subscriptions. Nothing shows up as a subscription for Dropbox.

Did you start your trial through the mobile app/app store, or did you start it through the Dropbox website?

DSSlagle
New member | Level 2
Installed the app on my iPhone.

DSSlagle
New member | Level 2
I accidentally accepted your answer when I didn’t mean to.

DSSlagle
New member | Level 2
I have followed the instructions to cancel my 30 day free trial by going into settings, clicking on my name, and then clicking on subscriptions but a subscription for Dropbox does not appear. I signed up by installing the Dropbox app on my iPhone. I accidentally accepted a previous solution before there was a full solution given. Therefore, I’m submitting this question again.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

@DSSlagle, in this case, you’ll need to cancel your Dropbox trial directly from your iPhone, with these steps.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

DSSlagle
New member | Level 2
I followed those instructions for an iPhone and a subscription for Dropbox does not appear.

DSSlagle
New member | Level 2
Also when I look at my account in the app, it states I have the basic free plan. If I had a 30 day free trial for the “plus”, wouldn’t that show up as my plan?

Rich
Super User II

@DSSlagle wrote:
Also when I look at my account in the app, it states I have the basic free plan.

What plan does it say you're on if you sign in and view this page?

Markwtt266k
New member | Level 2
I am frankly disgusted at your free/ trial Trap!!
I wanted to take a look at your service so foolishly signed up only to discover the app install has hooks into my Google and Apple accounts for charging at the end of the trial. This is not made clear on signup (only in small print)
To make matters worse I am now tearing my hair out trying to cancel the trial but can find no way of doing so - your cancellation instructions bear no relation to what I am seeing on the iPhone app. Shame on you - this is really poor and leaves a bad taste…
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Markwtt266k New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
    DSSlagle New member | Level 2
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?