cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family room not working - out of storage error when invited

Family room not working - out of storage error when invited

nishantpanicker28
Explorer | Level 4

I am a Basic plan member who was invited to be a part of a Family plan - I joined once but got a storage error. When removed and reinvited, whenever I click on the invite link, however, I get an error message saying "Out of storage - please upgrade to Dropbox Plus". This error appears to be happening to everyone who has been invited to the family room. Additionally, it does not allow us to upload new files to the Family Room, citing insufficient storage. Please help handle this issue and advise.

Have attached a screenshot of one of the errors as well - why would it say my personal Dropbox account is full when this storage is on the family plan?Screenshot 2023-12-11 at 09.45.04.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @nishantpanicker28, how are you today? 

Based on the info you provided, it looks like someone invited you to a shared folder, not a Family account. 

You can send them these steps, and ask them to invite you to the Family account. 

I hope this helps!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rich
Super User II

@nishantpanicker28 wrote:

... whenever I click on the invite link, however, I get an error message saying "Out of storage - please upgrade to Dropbox Plus".

Are you sure you're being invited to join a Family account, and aren't just being sent an invitation to a shared folder? If it's an invitation to join a Family account, your account becomes part of the Family account and you gain access to the Family Room automatically.

If you're just being sent an invitation to a shared folder, which is what it sounds like, you need to have enough available space in your account to hold the folder you're being invited to.

nishantpanicker28
Explorer | Level 4

This is what I was sent - I think you may be right, this doesn't specifically say anything about a Family account.. How can the Family manager add me to the Family account?

Screenshot 2023-12-11 at 10.17.02.png

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @nishantpanicker28, how are you today? 

Based on the info you provided, it looks like someone invited you to a shared folder, not a Family account. 

You can send them these steps, and ask them to invite you to the Family account. 

I hope this helps!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    nishantpanicker28 Explorer | Level 4
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?