cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Erroneous "Your credit card expires soon! Don’t forget to update your info" email

Erroneous "Your credit card expires soon! Don’t forget to update your info" email

mfalkvidd
Helpful | Level 5

Today, I received an email from Dropbox with the subject "Your credit card expires soon! Don’t forget to update your info" with the following text:

Your credit card is about to expire! Update your billing information to make sure your Dropbox Plus features aren’t interrupted. Click the link below or log in to your account on dropbox.com, go to Settings, select Billing, and update your payment method.
Update your billing info now
If you don’t update your billing info by 2022-10-18, your account will be downgraded to a Basic plan with much less storage space.
Thanks,
- The Dropbox Team

mfalkvidd_0-1642931246678.png

When I go to update my credit card, I can see that the expiry is in 2027 (see screen shot below).

mfalkvidd_1-1642931362956.png

I tried contacting Dropbox Support through https://www.dropbox.com/support/email , but it is impossible to contact them with a billing issue without adding information about a billing transaction, and it is impossible to attach images.

15 Replies 15

Jason S.10
Explorer | Level 3
I’ve gotten this email at least three times in the last few weeks. Each time I went in and updated my billing info to indicate the new CC expiry date. It’s not phishing in my case. It always takes me to the real Dropbox site to update my billing. Please fix this and stop wasting my time.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Jason S.10, sorry to hear about that! 

Your feedback regarding this has been very valuable and I will endeavor to make sure your voice is heard.

I understand this is not ideal, however the culprit must be that the automation potentially takes some time to "recognize" the fact that you've updated your billing info. 

I'll forward your feedback to the appropriate areas so we can continue to improve. If you have further trouble with it, let me know!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

marthabun
Explorer | Level 3

I just got some of these emails. I checked, & my card expires in 2025. It appears that the sender is no-reply@dropbox.com

Screenshot_20230219-210207_Yahoo Mail.jpgScreenshot_20230219-210242_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hey @marthabun, thanks for posting these screenshots! 

Is there any chance that you have a different Dropbox account that’s linked to another payment method that’s about to expire? 

Did you recently update the payment method of your Dropbox plan, and you’re still receiving these messages, nonetheless?

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

marthabun
Explorer | Level 3

I have another account, but it's free. It has no payment info. I did not recently update the payment method for the other one. It's been there a long time.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @marthabun, what is the Dropbox plan that you're using on your paid account? 

Did you check the account's billing info, to make sure the payment info is up-to-date there? 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    marthabun Explorer | Level 3
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?