cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox doesn’t let me cancel my subscription and just went on to charge me without my concent!

Dropbox doesn’t let me cancel my subscription and just went on to charge me without my concent!

Fay3
Explorer | Level 3

It is very frustrating not being able to cancel from all!
It’s not showing my devices and the webpage doesn’t show cancel the plan in the manage plan subpage. I’ve been trying and this moment saw the annual fee charge just went through made me very frustrated! How can I get this thing go away?

5 Replies 5

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Fay3, let's jump right into this! 

Have you tried from a different browser or a private browsing window, to see if that helps?

What loop are you getting into? Did you originally upgrade via the Dropbox site or the mobile app?

If not, I would suggest reaching out to our support team directly; they should be able to assist you further.

Let me know more!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Fay3
Explorer | Level 3
Yes, i followed all the articles and tried both browsers on my device.
Nothing worked, and i was instructed to reach out to the support, which turned out to be more articles to read since i am on basic.
This is very very very frustrating!

Rich
Super User II

@Fay3 wrote:

... the webpage doesn’t show cancel the plan in the manage plan subpage.

What plan does it say you're on when you view the Plan page? If it says Basic, then the account you're signed into is on a free plan that doesn't have a subscription, which would explain why the option to cancel isn't there. There's nothing to cancel.

If that's the case, use the credit card charge lookup tool to identify the account you're being charged for. Sign into that account and visit the Plan page to cancel.

If that doesn't work for you, you'll need to contact Support directly. To contact Support, visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Fay3
Explorer | Level 3
Thanks!
But my plan reads basic while I was still charged…:(

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Fay3, if you're logged in to a Basic account, you won't see an option to cancel your subscription, as Basic account are free.

Since that's the case, I would suggest using the payment lookup tool, like Rich suggested above as well, to see which email address is associated with the paid account, so you can login to it and cancel the subscription.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?