cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Complicated Account Question

Complicated Account Question

TechChallengedLawyer
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I had my own Dropbox professional account.  I was then added to another law firm's Dropbox account - a Standard account.  I received my refund from Dropbox since I paid for the Standard account annually.  I do work for this other law firm from time to time and need regular access to it.

I now need to add an employee to my own law firm who does not need access to this other law firm's Dropbox but does need access to my firm's files.  However, I am now in the other firm's Standard plan.  How do I make it so I can add a new user that only has access to my firm's files and not this other firm while also making sure I have access to both the other firm's files and my own?

Thank you!

12 Replies 12

TechChallengedLawyer
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Can I remove myself from the other firm's account to take back my account?  And then use my personal email to be added back to the other firm's account?

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution
@TechChallengedLawyer wrote:

This is very complicated because I also used Dropbox Fax and Dropbox Sign and those are associated with the account that is now with this other firm. I'm not sure what to do.

If it were me, I'd have them convert my account back to an individual account and then re-join their team account with a different email address.

Can I remove myself from the other firm's account to take back my account?

You can't remove yourself from their team. The only way to leave the team and keep your account is to have the team admin convert your account back to an individual account. Again, should they just remove you from the team your account would be deleted and they would need to restore it. I reiterate that because we've seen many people lose their account because they didn't know the process.

Ask the team admin to convert your account back to an individual account and provide them with the following link:

Once converted, you'll no longer be a member of their team and you'll be able to upgrade your account to your own Business team account. If you still need access to files from the other company, ask them to invite a different email address to join their team.

TechChallengedLawyer
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Thank you so much for your help!  I never would have figured that out.

Need more support?