cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged while on a Basic account

Charged while on a Basic account

Philene van Niekerk
New member | Level 2

Please does anyone know how to get a refund I had a basic plan gave no consent to an upgrade and Dropbox stole money from my banking account

23 Replies 23

Philene van Niekerk
New member | Level 2
I did not confirm on any email on this

Philene van Niekerk
New member | Level 2
How do I open a ticket to be refunded as I also opened a dispute case with my bank now

Philene van Niekerk
New member | Level 2
The trial was also not 30 days I had a free trial the 29th of August and canceled this the 28th when I seen they stole money off my account.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Philene van Niekerk!

I just created a ticket number on my end for you. Please check your Community-linked email address, and reply back to me from there. 

Thanks!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Philene van Niekerk
New member | Level 2
Responded via email

Sdireda
Explorer | Level 3
The same thing happened to me. I got an email saying I would be charged once my trial was up, so I went to my account and talked to one of the bots on Dropbox AND they said I had the basic free plan. I was so confused when I got this email as I did not consent to upgrade and I did not give them my card information and then when I tried to "cancel" the trial, it said I had the basic free plan. There was nothing for me to cancel.

I need a refund as well and there's no way for me to contact Dropbox because it says my basic FREE plan doesn't have that option available yet they charged me $190.

Someone please help!!

Sdireda
Explorer | Level 3
@Megan please help me too. The same exact thing happened to me. I got an email saying I was going to be charged so I tried to cancel it and follow the emails instructions, but my account said I had a free basic account and there wa a nothing to cancel. I also talked to a bot on Dropbox and they said the same thing. Dropbox literally stole from my account. I did not give them my card information (maybe they took it from Google) and I did not give consent AND I tried to cancel it and it wouldn't let me because I have a BASIC FREE ACCOUNT and there's nothing to cancel!!

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Sdireda - sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Did you upgrade or started a trial for a Dropbox plan at some point in the past? Do you have any other Dropbox account, associated with a different email address of yours perhaps?

Also, did you only receive this email notification or did you notice a charge as well? 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Sdireda
Explorer | Level 3
Hey, thanks for the quick response.

I did not sign up using any other email. It's my Gmail account and that's the email they sent the "7 day trial ends" to.

I tried to figure it all out when I got the email. I talked to a bot. And they said I have the basic free plan.

Then I figured i was okay & then I got charged $190.

I made the effort to cancel something I didn't even sign up for & it said I had nothing to cancel once I got into my account.

Sdireda
Explorer | Level 3
Were you able to get your money back?? I literally don't have work right now and 200 is so much money. I wish I had a # to call to speak to someone directly, but it says my basic free plan doesn't have that option available. this is a scam
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Sdireda Explorer | Level 3
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?