cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Changing subscription

Changing subscription

Stuffnffuts
New member | Level 2
I have had Dropbox plus for a long time which works great, but I wanted to change to family so I could share files easier, and I changed my plan to family a long time ago, and it never changed, so I assumed it would change over when my billing cycle turned over (it didn’t) and it’s saying ‘we couldn’t charge your card’ when I had 3 different cards on my account, and idk why it can’t use any of them, I’m very confused, and annoyed now, because it started a new cycle with plus again and I just want to change it to family, I tried doing it on the website, but that says you are billing through apple so you can’t change it here, it didn’t even charge me for this month yet, I’m very confused what’s going on, and id love some help, looking at when it billed me and when it says it renews on Dropbox, it says it renews on the 18th but the website says it renews on the 28th, any help please?
3 Replies 3

EvanDBX
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Stuffnffuts thanks for posting and I am sorry to hear about this issue.

Since you originally purchased a Dropbox Plus subscription via your Apple store, that means that you need to also upgrade to the Family plan via Apple as well.

As such, please also try upgrading to the Family account via your iPhone or iPad device and let me know how it goes.

Evan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Stuffnffuts
New member | Level 2
I did, a month or more ago, and it never worked, and so I was waiting, and it didn’t update, it won’t let me update to a different plan, I canceled it and I hope if it downgrades and then I can upgrade it.

EvanDBX
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Stuffnffuts thanks for the followup!

Can you try again to upgrade to the Family plan, via this page, and see if it now works?

Keep me updated!

Evan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Need more support?