cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot cancel my Dropbox subscription

Cannot cancel my Dropbox subscription

PGunn
New member | Level 2

I am not an idiot. Dropbox will NOT let me cancel my account. What is up with Dropbox?

31 Replies 31

mikeee75
Explorer | Level 4

Me too. I cancelled and downgraded my account. Yet I'm still getting charged. It's ridiculous. I've written to them cancel the account and send me refunds on numerous occasions. I cancelled it back in November 2023. I don't have time to keep chasing them! Whenever I'm in my account it asks do I want to upgrade to a paying level of storage. Proof that they should not be charging me!!!

Victoria334
Helpful | Level 5

I contacted my bank and told them what happened and told them to block the charges, which they did.   Contact your bank or credit card company and have them block the charges.  It worked for me.

MK45
New member | Level 2

This is happening to me also - what a poor business plan.  I am disappointed and do not have time to try and figure out how to get reimbursed. 

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @MK45, are you not able to cancel your Dropbox subscription by following these steps

What are you seeing when trying to do so?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

MK45
New member | Level 2

no I do not see those options- I have been on this for over an hour and am very frustrated. Thanks for trying to help.I will fight to not loose $200 for a subscription I do not use. I needed it for a class. My  fault for giving my credit card but I have tried to stay on top and cancel with no luck. I am cynical and suspicious of programs that make it this difficult, do not have a customer service number you can call and the chat is just generated AI

MK45
New member | Level 2

I charged my amex card and they are saying they can't help 😞

Jay
Dropbox Staff

As you're not seeing those options try contacting our support team directly. You can do this by opening an incognito/private browsing window, while not signed into your account, and accessing this link, choose 'Other' and then put in an email address that you can access, followed by your billing info.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

MK45
New member | Level 2

I have now found a way to cancel my plan and I have changed to basic, it was sort of miraculous how this appeared. I would like to assure that I will be refunded the $199 that is pending on my American Express card. Please send me an email or chat letting me know there will be no charge, or I will be refunded. Thank you

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Do you see a refund receipt on this page on your account? 

Jay
dropbox.com/support

MK45
New member | Level 2

yes thank  you - that was a lot of work to get that done but thank you for making it possible.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    denny43 Explorer | Level 3
    MK45 New member | Level 2
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?