cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in learning how media industry leaders use Dropbox Replay? Register for our webinar here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cannot cancel my dropbox.

Cannot cancel my Dropbox subscription

PGunn
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am not an idiot. Dropbox will NOT let me cancel my account. What is up with Dropbox?

19 Replies 19

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

What does you plan tab report @Victoria210

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Victoria210
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

No, I pay a monthly fee.  I have logged in, then went to Manage Account.  On the Manage Account page there is nothing there.  There is not any place to cancel my subscription. 

Victoria210
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

It has:  Personal Drop Box Space.   Underneath that is Account Settings and underneath that is License Keys.   That's it.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Victoria210 wrote:

It has:  Personal Drop Box Space.   Underneath that is Account Settings and underneath that is License Keys.   That's it.

What plan does it say you're on when you visit this page? Please take a screenshot if you can, being sure to mask any private information like your email.

Victoria210
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

It says Basic Plan.  I pay $11.99 per month. 

Victoria210
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I can't take a screen shot.   It won't allow a Word document

Victoria210
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Why can't someone just cancel my account?  

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Victoria210 wrote:

Why can't someone just cancel my account?  

Because the people here on the forum don't have access to your account details. It's a community forum, not Support. But, we'll get to that in a minute. For now we're just trying to help you figure out what steps you need to take.

@Victoria210 wrote:

It says Basic Plan.  I pay $11.99 per month. 

This is why we've been asking the questions that we've been asking. You're on the Basic plan, which is a free plan. You're having a difficult time cancelling because there's nothing to cancel on that account. If you're being charged, it's for a different account.

Use the credit card charge lookup tool to identify the account that you're paying for. If you recognize the email address, try signing into Dropbox with that email address, resetting the password if needed. Once signed in, try to cancel the subscription.

If you don't recognize the email address or you're unable to sign in, you'll need to contact Support directly. To contact Support, visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Also, if you don't recognize the account, you should contact your bank.

Victoria210
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thank you for that.  I'm using my debit card and can see the charge on my account.  

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Were you able to locate the account you're being charged for using the look up tool Rich provided earlier @Victoria210

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?