cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling account of ex-staff member

Cancelling account of ex-staff member

AlisonC
Explorer | Level 3

Hi. Last year a staff member in my organisation paid for her Dropbox account on my business credit card.  She has since left the organisation without cancelling her account, so Dropbox has automatically billed my credit card for this year's account renewal.  The email address linked to the account is now defunct as the person is no longer a staff member. 

Can someone please tell me how to:

a) get a copy of this invoice, so I can reconcile my business credit card

b) CANCEL this account so that my credit card is not charged for future renewals.  If it's not possible to cancel the account, the billing details must be changed so that my card details are removed.

I can provide the email address linked to the account, the no. of the credit card attached to the account, and the date and transaction ID for this year's invoice.

I've contacted Dropbox Support twice with no response.  I know this situation is common so hoping someone here can advise me.

12 Replies 12

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @AlisonC, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Do you have the ticket ID from when you contacted the support team, in order to locate it on our system?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

AlisonC
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks for your response Jay.  Unfortunately the system didn't give me a ticket ID either time.  I didn't have a Dropbox account (was forced to open one to use this Community forum) so was not logged in - perhaps that is part of the issue?

Jay
Dropbox Staff

If the ticket was created under your current user profile, then I can see a ticket ID on the system, and an agent replied to it on Monday, to which they received no reply.

If you're not receiving the ticket, is it possible that your email provider is preventing the email from arriving to your inbox? It could be in the spam folder, or completely filtered out.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

AlisonC
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Jay.  Thank you investigating.  I've checked my Junk and I'm sorry, can't see the agent's response there.  I have received other emails from Dropbox today (straight to Inbox, not in Junk), so it seems unlikely that they are being completely filtered out.  Do you have any suggestions for a way forward? - I can try the Support interface again if necessary.

Jay
Dropbox Staff

The email would've come from dropbox.zendesk.com, which is hosted on their official servers, and not Dropbox, so there is a possibility that they're blocked on your end somehow. 

You can try the support link again to see if you can get through to the team.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

AlisonC
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks for your time.  I will give that a go.

AlisonC
Explorer | Level 3

Hello Community.  I'm still trying to 

a) CANCEL the account of an ex-staff member, which is billed to my business credit card.  The email address associated with the account is defunct.

b) get a copy of the latest invoice from this account, as I am not able to download it myself.

I submitted another Support request but haven't received a response.  For some reason, responses do not seem to be reaching me.  I can see from this forum that the problem I'm having is quite common.  I would be very grateful if someone could suggest a solution through via the forum, as communications from the Support group do not seem able to reach me.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @AlisonC, have you tried these steps to check your ticket's history?

If you did and still have issues, let us know here and we'll take it from there. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

AlisonC
Explorer | Level 3

Hello Walter.  Thank you for your response.  I have tried those steps to check ticket history, with no success.  Part of the issue may be that my own account is a Basic one, created so that I can try to communicate with Dropbox to cancel the paid account to which I do not have access.  It's also been suggested that my employer has somehow blocked emails from your support email address.  But whatever the reason, I am not receiving responses to my support requests.  I would very much appreciate advice on what to do next.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
    AlisonC Explorer | Level 3
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?