cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation of a Dropbox account but can't get it quite right.

Cancellation of a Dropbox account but can't get it quite right.

dpcrush2112
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have tried many times to cancel my dropbox subscription and nothing has worked - I just keep getting billed monthly.  I got frustrated and deleted everything my dropbox account (probably a mistake), and yet I still get billed monthly.  I can't talk to anyone, the chat with a dropbot doesn't do anything - and I am starting to get really mad.  

How can I stop this incessant charging of my credit card without actually cancelling the card because that is a much larger issue and I hope I don't have to go down that path.

This is extremely irritating.

42 Replies 42

Daniel Pomije
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have the same problem, Im not usiing the service , I tried to cancel it on laptop an iPhone but just hitting the communication loops and stupid chatbot. In my Chrome layout are no buttons like plan, or cancel plan... 😞 please help me!!! They billed me 15 times, but Im too busy and nerved with this Im not able to solve it. HOw were you able to finally cancel it and leave? Please help me!!! Many thanks in advance.!!!

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Daniel Pomije wrote:

I tried to cancel it on laptop an iPhone but just hitting the communication loops and stupid chatbot.

Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

In my Chrome layout are no buttons like plan, or cancel plan...

If your Plan page shows as Basic then you're not signed in to a paid account. If this is the case and you're being charged, you're being charged for a different account. Use the credit card charge lookup tool to identify the account you're being charged for.

Mrc7cas
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am on my church's video team and we use Dropbox. I apparently somehow got an individual account that was billed to me annually and I just noticed it on my credit card statement. (was also charged last year but didn't notice it then). I have navigated this extremely difficult web site and was able to cancel the account that was paid on July 30, but the cancellation doesn't take place until next year on July 30. How can I cancel and get a refund? 

Mrc7cas
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

This is Mrc7cas adding to my statement. My email is [removed per the Dropbox Community Guidelines]

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Mrc7cas, thanks for reaching out.

Since you're still on a paid plan, can you try reaching out to our support team directly about your request?

They'll be able to look into it for you.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Megren
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

My account was charged - did not want it.

I did not even use the full trial not the app. 

how do I cancel and get my money back???

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

@Megren wrote:

My account was charged - did not want it.

I did not even use the full trial not the app. 

how do I cancel and get my money back???

Dropbox only issues refunds where legally required. 

If you started the trial its your responsibility to then cancel it - not using it wont do that. 

Follow the instructions already on this thread for how to cancel it and contact support to ask about a refund.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

lorrainefourie5899
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Good morning

I would like to cancel my Dropbox . I have gone on pension and no longer need the services.  I cannot find my  password to be able to cancel.

How do I obtain a temporary password?

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @lorrainefouriethen, if you don't know your password, you can reset it on this page and then login to cancel your subscription.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

bobscarwidow
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

How can I cancel my Dropbox account?  "Support" tells me to go to "settings" and then "plan" but there is no "plan" tab on my screen.  Can you help me cancel?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    oreskovichl New member | Level 2
    bobscarwidow Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?