cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Windows 11 and Dropbox

Windows 11 and Dropbox

davidtylera56
Explorer | Level 3

Is there any reason not to upgrade from Windows 10 to 11 with respect to Dropbox?  Will it be seamless, or might I encounter problems with Dropbox after installing Windows 11?  Anything I should be aware of about using Dropbox before I install Windows 11?  Thanks. 

19 Replies 19

Videofirma
Helpful | Level 5

It didn't help.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
In that case, I'd suggest that you contact our Support team for further assistance @Videofirma

You can also let me know the ticket ID so that I can look it up in our system.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Videofirma
Helpful | Level 5

I already wrote the application number above, it has not changed: Ticket # 14879142 .

MRBUSBY
Helpful | Level 7

Hi @Nancy @Walter ,

Please post if this issue has been resolved.  @Walter seemed to identify an issue for my situation (ARM processor), but before I purchase a different computer with a different processor, I need to know that there is a solution to the problem.  The other threads seem to indicate that the error occurs on computers which do not have an ARM processor.

I have been a Dropbox Professional (paid subscription) for 10+ years and would like to continue using the program vs moving to another app.

MRBUSBY
Helpful | Level 7

@Videofirma 

I'm searching for a resolution to the same error message.   Can you tell me if your issue was resolved and if so, what steps were taken?

There are three threads within this forum and I have been following all three searching for a resolution.

@Walter @Nancy 

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Hi @MRBUSBY, have you tried contacting the support team directly regarding this matter? If so, do you have the ticket ID so I can locate it on the system?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

MRBUSBY
Helpful | Level 7

@Jay 

@Walter identified an issue with the current computer (Galaxy Book) because it has an ARM processor. 

However, I am purchasing a new computer which will have Win11 Pro, i7 processor and don't want to encounter this unresolved issue.

My last computer that crashed was running Win7 with an i7 processor and Dropbox desktop functioned without any problems.  The Galaxy Book purchase was a mistake.

Fuhrmon
New member | Level 2

Has anyone determined if there is a fix to this issue? I just purchased a new Microsoft Surface Pro X running Windows 11 with no success installing the DropBox app. Repeated error messages. DropBox S installs from the Microsoft Store but seems stripped down and won't let me map the drive to File Explorer. Can someone please help? Mine also has an Arm processor, so Norton doesn't install either I'm finding out.  

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Hey @Fuhrmon, sorry to hear about this.

As mentioned in this Help Center article, our desktop app doesn’t support ARM processors on Windows operating systems, except for on  Windows in S mode.

I hope this clears things up!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

mattkensil
New member | Level 2

is there a plan to resolve this?  i would hope that dropbox doesnt think the dropbox for s mode is an acceptable alternative to the fully integrated dropbox applicaiton which allows me to sync files and work with them in window, attach them to emails, etc.  

Need more support?