cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Parrot Teleprompter app deletes files in the Dropbox folder after opening them once.

The Parrot Teleprompter app deletes files in the Dropbox folder after opening them once.

cagrimertbakirci
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

This is a weird one. I use the Parrot Teleprompter app synced with Dropbox. I put my new scripts in and go to my studio to record them.

Recently I noticed that after I open any of the scripts, it works, but once I close it, it automatically deletes it. When I check the Dropbox folder, I see that they are all deleted. I have no idea if this is a problem on the app side or the Dropbox side, but I decided to post it here to see if anyone noticed this behavior.

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

cagrimertbakirci
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Yes, I did reach out to the developers and they did confirm that this is a bug that they are working to fix. So I am guessing it will be resolved soon. But it is not a bug on Dropbox's end, so I guess this can be closed here. Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@cagrimertbakirci wrote:

I use the Parrot Teleprompter app synced with Dropbox. ... Recently I noticed that after I open any of the scripts, it works, but once I close it, it automatically deletes it.

I would reach out to the Parrot developers. Dropbox doesn't delete files unless told to, so if a file is deleting during your use of the Teleprompter app, then it's likely telling Dropbox to delete the file.

MaTie1985
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I experience that problem, too and I noticed it fist, about a week ago.
I'm glad that it seems to be a general problem.
Did you reach out to the developers already?

cagrimertbakirci
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Yes, I did reach out to the developers and they did confirm that this is a bug that they are working to fix. So I am guessing it will be resolved soon. But it is not a bug on Dropbox's end, so I guess this can be closed here. Thanks!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

cagrimertbakirci Helpful | Level 5
    MaTie1985 New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?