cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: No microsoft conversion please

No Microsoft conversion please.

EagleSpirit5
Helpful | Level 5

How do I get another sheet to let dropbox know that I do not want my files converted to MicroSoft?...apparently they sent one via email but it got past me..thanks 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

EagleSpirit5
Helpful | Level 5

Thank You yes I beleieve this is what the hoopla is about at least from my end,,, I suppose it won't affect me since I do not write any documents that I personally place in drop box..... I have many documents that the company I contract with write and share with me to be able to edit .... Thanks again this puts me a little peace

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Amy
Community Manager

Hi there @EagleSpirit5 - I'm not sure I totally understand your question, can you explain it a little more please? 

Your files won't be converted unless you choose to convert them, and usually they would be converted from a word doc to a PDF, not the other way around. 

Maybe I'm totally just misunderstanding so I'd love to be able to help! 

EagleSpirit5
Helpful | Level 5

Simply put I do not want anything to change w/my files 3/1/24... I never saw the email requesting we make a choice... but I read something that made me think that they will automatically convert to MicWord unless I respond back... I have no way to respond...that I dont want any change....

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @EagleSpirit5, I'm assuming that you received a message from us, but I'm not entirely sure what you're referring to. 

Would you be able to maybe send me a screenshot of the email you received, in order for me to have a visual? 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

EagleSpirit5
Helpful | Level 5

Hi...wow...I cant believe its become this confusing.... I no longer no where the msg is.... so cant send a copy...anyway starting next month drop box will automatically convert files to microsoft .... I never saw the original email that everyone else received or maybe I deleted it before I read it...I dunno.... but supposedly it will be an automatic conversion if you dont send back the email w/a request not to convert and leave as is.... no one seems to know what I'm talking about... last I remember seeing anything was a flag type msg at top of my dropbox page as a warning that this was soon to happen 

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @EagleSpirit5, I believe this is the update you're talking about.

Take a look at the info in the article and let me know if you have any questions.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

EagleSpirit5
Helpful | Level 5

Thank You yes I beleieve this is what the hoopla is about at least from my end,,, I suppose it won't affect me since I do not write any documents that I personally place in drop box..... I have many documents that the company I contract with write and share with me to be able to edit .... Thanks again this puts me a little peace

Need more support?