cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Placing files in specfic dropbox folders with Epson Scanner Scansmart Software

I'm not seeing all of my Dropbox folders after connecting my account to Epson scanner

pasteve99
Explorer | Level 4

I integrated DROPBOX with my EPSON RR-600W scanner. I have many options to save a scan, including DROPBOX. All I had to do was sign into DROPBOX in the Epson Scansmart application with my DROPBOX ID and password. However, when I go to store the document, the software only shows one folder, DROPBOX. The other folders in my DROPBOX do not populate.

Does anyone know if this is correct or if there is a workaround?

Thanks

Steven

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Walter
Dropbox Staff

So your scans are saved in your Dropbox folder as individual files and not in a specific folder - is that right @pasteve99?

Do you see the Epson integration under your Connected apps tab? If so, you can try disconnecting it and re-connecting it anew.

If you still get the same results afterwards, it may be that the developers of the integration have set as the default place for your scans to be just in Dropbox and not in a particular folder. 

In any case, please keep us posted! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for posting on our Community, @pasteve99

Can you send over a screenshot of what you see on your end? 

Is it possible to disconnect and reconnect Dropbox to your Epson scanner and check if the same issue persists? 

Keep me in the loop.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

pasteve99
Explorer | Level 4

Thank you, Nancy. The first attachment below file shows what appears after I accept the scan and ask to save it in Dropbox. There is only one DROPBOX folder available. If I arrow down, there are no other choices. Possibly,

Scan 2.JPG

 

Scan 1.JPG

 

this is the only folder DROPBOX will send the file to.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

So your scans are saved in your Dropbox folder as individual files and not in a specific folder - is that right @pasteve99?

Do you see the Epson integration under your Connected apps tab? If so, you can try disconnecting it and re-connecting it anew.

If you still get the same results afterwards, it may be that the developers of the integration have set as the default place for your scans to be just in Dropbox and not in a particular folder. 

In any case, please keep us posted! 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

pasteve99
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Walter..thank you. I believe you are correct about this assumption. It is not a feature they implemented in the Espon software. Thank you!

Need more support?