cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to upgrade from Legacy Paper?

How to upgrade from Legacy Paper?

marcio_at_zam
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I found other forum discussions about how to update from Legacy Paper to the "2020 release"... so that we can have our files all organized in Dropbox (storage)... versus the Paper file system.

Those discussions suggest that there was not a way to manually upgrade... BUT, since those discussions are 3 or 4 years old... I figure there must now be a way to do it... Right? There is a way to upgrade now, right? (Insert "Anakin / Padme meme here)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@marcio_at_zam wrote:

Those discussions suggest that there was not a way to manually upgrade... BUT, since those discussions are 3 or 4 years old... I figure there must now be a way to do it... Right?

There is not. Dropbox is still working on porting everyone over to the new system.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@marcio_at_zam wrote:

Those discussions suggest that there was not a way to manually upgrade... BUT, since those discussions are 3 or 4 years old... I figure there must now be a way to do it... Right?

There is not. Dropbox is still working on porting everyone over to the new system.

marcio_at_zam
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thank you for the heads up.

marcio_at_zam
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thank you Rich.

bblu2095
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

I understand that the systems are different, but it's a little baffling that Dropbox is somehow able to move everyone's Google Docs to Google Drive and create new links, but they still can't move their own Paper docs into Dropbox...

DaveInIndy
Explorer | Level 4

Here we are, Feb 2024 and still no update to Paper "2020." As much as I like the simplicity and security of the Paper platform, and of Dropbox cloud services, there is no better sign to switch all my services to Google than this debacle. This includes several accounts, personal and business. I have one account converted and one not converted, so the pain perhaps more intense.

bblu2095
Helpful | Level 7

I almost got support to be able to switch our team over, but then they backtracked. Here was the latest reply I received from Dropbox support:

"The engineers have followed up and advised that we are not currently migrating any teams to the new Paper version at this time. 

Unfortunately we are unable to provide a timeframe on when this process will resume again. 

In this case, I can only suggest reaching out at a future date to request migration, and we may have more information at that time. "

Need more support?