cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: HELP: Adobe + DropBox billed me wrong

HELP: Adobe + DropBox billed me wrong

Not applicable
Go to solution
Earlier this month I was billed for Adobe creative cloud which was expected, I also received a charge from DropBox. I talked to my bank about the unauthorized charge and found out Adobe and Dropbox have an integration. Knowing that, I tried logging into DropBox with the email I’m using for Adobe. Dropbox introduced me as a NEW ACCOUNT. I have had no help from Adobe and Dropbox and it’s been ridiculous. I can’t cancel any plans or unlink Adobe from Dropbox because I simply don’t have a plan. How do I go about so this doesn’t become an issue again.
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@anonymous wrote:
I talked to my bank about the unauthorized charge and found out Adobe and Dropbox have an integration.

That doesn't mean that one can charge you for the other. It only means that if you have Adobe software you can link it to your Dropbox account, if you have one, to access your files. It has nothing to do with billing and paying for Adobe doesn't result in a charge for Dropbox.

I tried logging into DropBox with the email I’m using for Adobe. Dropbox introduced me as a NEW ACCOUNT.

Use the credit card charge lookup tool to identify the account you're being charged for. If it's one of yours, you should be able to sign in to it and cancel the subscription. If you don't recognize the account then you're likely a victim of credit card fraud and you should speak to your bank again.

I can’t cancel any plans or unlink Adobe from Dropbox because I simply don’t have a plan. How do I go about so this doesn’t become an issue again.

Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@anonymous wrote:
I talked to my bank about the unauthorized charge and found out Adobe and Dropbox have an integration.

That doesn't mean that one can charge you for the other. It only means that if you have Adobe software you can link it to your Dropbox account, if you have one, to access your files. It has nothing to do with billing and paying for Adobe doesn't result in a charge for Dropbox.

I tried logging into DropBox with the email I’m using for Adobe. Dropbox introduced me as a NEW ACCOUNT.

Use the credit card charge lookup tool to identify the account you're being charged for. If it's one of yours, you should be able to sign in to it and cancel the subscription. If you don't recognize the account then you're likely a victim of credit card fraud and you should speak to your bank again.

I can’t cancel any plans or unlink Adobe from Dropbox because I simply don’t have a plan. How do I go about so this doesn’t become an issue again.

Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Not applicable
Go to solution
Thank you for explaining it to me.

MA54
Explorer | Level 3

Its intriguing to have found out on the internet just how large the number of people is who have been scammed out of their hard earned money, in the past year, without knowledge even, due to DropBox’s egregious disregard for client safety & irresponsible handling of client billing/bank info.   No phone number, no email, no customer service, no help, just the run around.  There is only one reason for these tactics & its to take people’s money.  They have created this loophole and chosen not to have ANY customer service to assist the people paying for service.  Last I checked, even though I dont have a single account, it was MY bank account bejng charged over 29 times at $11.99 & $12.99 each, by about 20 or so random people, so, I AM a paying customer.  A data breach, or a hack to the system?  No, this comes from the inside.  In 3 weekly rounds of debits, my bank info was assigned to roughly 20 DropBox customers, BY DROP BOX.  Whether these clients know, or dont know, is not my concern because the thing they all have in common is DropBox.  These debits were clearly generated from some sort of automated billing list.  DropBox has yet to reach out to me regarding this egeregious mishap on their part.  I have accessed all of the transactions & know the user names.  DropBox has forced me to pay over $300 to DropBox for these 20 or so clients, possibly because they were also initially billed improperly (?) & now DropBox is playing pass the buck, trying to take people’s money,  no matter what the means, is that what?  Im contacting my attorney.  

Need more support?