cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files emailed to Dropbox aren't appearing on my account

Files emailed to Dropbox aren't appearing on my account

Polosera
Explorer | Level 3

I sent important documents to my Dropbox account using email address provided by Dropbox but never received them. Very concerned, security sensitive material.

7 Replies 7

Rich
Super User II

@Polosera wrote:
I sent important documents to my Dropbox account using email address provided by Dropbox but never received them.

Were they emailed directly to the Dropbox-provided email address, or do you have a forwarder set up to point to the Dropbox email address? In other words, do you email them to your own custom email address that then forwards the messages to the Dropbox email?

Polosera
Explorer | Level 3

Is this Dropbox email address legitimate - [removed]. Email address was provided by Dropbox but i never received the highly sensitive documents

[personal information removed per the Community's Guidelines]

Rich
Super User II

@Polosera wrote:

Is this Dropbox email address legitimate - [removed]. Email address was provided by Dropbox but i never received the highly sensitive documents

Your assigned email address for the Email to Dropbox feature can be found on your Account page. Whatever email address is listed there is the correct address.

As I asked above, are you emailing directly to that address, or have you set up another email address to use as a forwarder to the Dropbox provided email?

Polosera
Explorer | Level 3

thank you for the response, i used [removed per the Community's Guidelines]. this was in my contacts and used by mistake to mail documents to my Dropbox account. It didn’t come back and i think i received this address from dropbox previously.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Polosera - would it be OK if we sent you an email to have a further look internally? 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Polosera
Explorer | Level 3
thank you Walter, please do

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Sure thing @Polosera - you've got :envelope: 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    Polosera Explorer | Level 3
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?