cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox Watch Synology Folder

Dropbox Watch Synology Folder.

flyingpoint
Explorer | Level 4

I'm sure this is fairly basic, but my brain isn't quite working today.

I'm setting a process that allows me to FTPS images from sporting events.  Those images will eventually end up in a dropbox folder.  I've currently got my Synology set-up as an FTPS server and images are flowing in as hoped.  Is there a simple way of having dropbox watch a specific folder on my NAS and automatically sync any images back into a specific dropbox folder?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kyledropbox
Dropbox Staff

Hi flyingpoint — I've had luck with Cloud Sync (which is a package created by Synology.) https://www.synology.com/en-global/dsm/feature/cloud_sync

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rich
Super User II

@flyingpoint wrote:

Is there a simple way of having dropbox watch a specific folder on my NAS ...

Dropbox has no such feature. It can only sync the files located in the local Dropbox folder. You'd need to find another solution to copy files from your NAS to the Dropbox folder on your computer.

If you're on Windows, take a look at Microsoft's SyncToy, otherwise search Google for a local file sync application.

flyingpoint
Explorer | Level 4

Well, that's disappointing.  I originally hoped that I could FTPS/SFTP directly into Dropbox.  That's not possible, so I went down the road of setting up my Synology as an FTP server.  And now I'm discovering that Dropbox has no means of watching my Synology ftp folders in order to get those files to my client.  Bummer.

kyledropbox
Dropbox Staff

Hi flyingpoint — I've had luck with Cloud Sync (which is a package created by Synology.) https://www.synology.com/en-global/dsm/feature/cloud_sync

flyingpoint
Explorer | Level 4

Just got done setting it up.  You're right -- it seems to be exactly what I needed.  I'm starting to think I should just move my whole operation to my Synology!  Thanks for the note.

Need more support?