cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We been busy working on some major updates to the Community, so check out what's changing, what’s staying the same and what you can expect from the Dropbox Community right here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Dropbox work for collaborating on Keynote presentations?

Does Dropbox work for collaborating on Keynote presentations?

bennesvig
New member | Level 2

Wondering if it's possible to collaborate in real-time on a Keynote presentation that's in Dropbox (similar how you can on Box, though would prefer to use Dropbox)?

More in depth explanation of Apple's collaboration features: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT206181

3 Replies 3

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @bennesvig, thanks for using Dropbox and welcome to the Community. 

If you're asking if there's a Dropbox integration with Keynote that would enable you to share and work on files in the Dropbox website, I'm afraid no, there's none at the moment. 

If you'd like to, you can post your idea in the Ideas section of our Community so that other users can express their interest in your idea and upvote it too. 

I know it's  not much, but I hope this helps. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

bennesvig
New member | Level 2

Asking about when using the Keynote application on desktop (not web). Is it possible to collaborate on a Keynote document stored in Dropbox in the Keynote Desktop app (meaning multiple people could be in the presentation at the same time, making edits)?

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Not really as this could easily lead to conflicted copies

The pattern would need to be this: 

1. Let files sync
2. Start application
3. Save files
4. Quit application
5. Repeat on different computers.

One workaround that can be used to prevent conflicted copies is to move the file out of the Dropbox folder while editing it. Doing this causes the file to appear as deleted and doesn't allow other users to edit the file. Once you're done editing, you can move the file back into its original location in the Dropbox folder. It will reappear with your edits for all users who have access to that file.

The other option is to move it to a second folder designated for "In Use" files. Other members of the shared folder can still access it if they need to, but will know not to make changes.

I hope this information helps @bennesvig 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    bennesvig New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?