cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Documents stored in Dropbox are automatically deleted when changing Salesforce 'Case' owner

Documents stored in Dropbox are automatically deleted when changing Salesforce 'Case' owner

readydesk
New member | Level 2

We are using the Dropbox for Salesforce integration.  Our customer service agents create support 'Cases' in Salesforce.  We have accompanying documents that are a part of that support case which are stored in our Dropbox Business Team account.

We need those accompanying documents to stay with the support case they are associated with.

However, when we need to transfer the support case to a different customer service agent (change ownership of the case in Salesforce) the accompanying documents are automatically deleted from Dropbox and we have to go into Dropbox and restore them.

How do we fix this problem—any suggestions?

Thanks!

13 Replies 13

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @_Stefan, I would actually suggest reaching out to our Support team about this, for more info.

Just make sure you're signed in to your Business account to do so. 🙂

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

_Stefan
Explorer | Level 3

Hi iam using Dropbox for Salesforce package. When we change case owner in SF for a case where we have documents saved in Dropbox, all documents in dropbox under that case disappear.

_Stefan
Explorer | Level 3

Hi, 
I have the Dropbox for Salesforce package installed. when I create a folder in dropBox via Salesforce and click enter, nothing happens(i can not create a folder). When I add the file earlier, the problem does not occur. Has anyone had a similar problem?

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

@_Stefan, did you have the chance to contact our support team directly about this? 

If not, you’ll need to make sure you’re logged into your Business account first, and then open a ticket or chat/call via this link.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
    _Stefan Explorer | Level 3
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?