cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can't attach files to emails using the Gmail app

'Can not upload the file' error when attaching from Dropbox to Gmail on Android

erlend w.
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

When I try to add an attachment from dropbox to a mail in gmail, I receive a message in gmail "can not upload the file". This error occurs only on one smartphone with android 12. If I do the same , with the same dropbox and google account, on an other android phone (android 11 )or an android tablet, there is no problem. Both phones have the same app version of gmail

257 Replies 257

Stevensimpson
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution
I don't use outlook, so within Gmail I click attachments and go to Dropbox, before I clicked on Dropbox and scrolled to the file but now when I click attach and scroll to dropbox instead of clicking the word Dropbox, there are 3 dots or arrows to the right of the word Dropbox, I click that and then go to the file I want to attach and it attaches. Hope that makes sense

Stevensimpson
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution
Sorry, it was a single little arrow pointing right next to the Dropbox logo

KathyMc4
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Got it...thank you so much!

warrenkingnyc
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Hi Vicci,
I'm having g the same issue. Were you able to find a solution?
Thank you
Warren King

VickiBurbank
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Hi Warren, I'm just attaching them differently now. Got the suggestion from someone else here. From your email, click on the paperclip/attach, next screen click on stacked hamburger on the top left, then don't choose dropvox from the options but instead click on the plus sign to the right of the Dropbox icon, click on the file you want and then the upper right check mark. It attaches no problem every time.

warrenkingnyc
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Hello Vicki,
Thank you
That worked great.
Warren

KathyMc4
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Did you find your answer? I have a work around

warrenkingnyc
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Hi Kathymc4,
I did find a way to make it work.
But please share
Warren

KathyMc4
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
I just realized that it's the same way that Vicki did it.

Me420
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I've been using Dropbox for years and this recently we could not attach a file on a mobile phone using Gmail. This started about a month ago and we went through the troubleshooting steps with Adobe and Google and they were unsuccessful. They're saying it is the Dropbox that is on error for not letting us attach a simple PDF to our mobile email.

Need more support?