cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox attachment in gmail

'Can not upload the file' error when attaching from Dropbox to Gmail on Android

erlend w.
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

When I try to add an attachment from dropbox to a mail in gmail, I receive a message in gmail "can not upload the file". This error occurs only on one smartphone with android 12. If I do the same , with the same dropbox and google account, on an other android phone (android 11 )or an android tablet, there is no problem. Both phones have the same app version of gmail

257 Replies 257

VickiBurbank
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Thank you.  I am working around it at this point but really hoping for a better solution.

Ash3185
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Hello everyone,

I have the same issue can't attach any files from Dropbox to my Gmail on android phone it's just happened few days ago.

Ash3185
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Was trying to rest install what ever I can do . Nothing is working.

All other files can be added to Gmail but Dropbox is not allowing.

RMadruga
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
It seems to not be an issue for Dropbox... having paying customers complain about this and not giving us feedback. Passing it on to Android or Gmail...

Stevensimpson
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution
I'm going to have to find another solution if this is not solved soon. I can't live without attaching as most of my files are on Dropbox and I need quick access to them to send to people.

VickiBurbank
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
I feel the same way

Marko Grubac
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Me too

Stevensimpson
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution
I've tried on an old phone Huawei P30 and it works fine. I presume my S22 is on a newer version of Android and not working.

RMadruga
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Feedback from Dropbox support team

Richard, Aug 1, 2023, 1:10 AM PDT:

Hi Rita!

Just informing you that Engineers have picked up the issue and are currently working on a fix! At the moment I cannot give an exact date for resolution but I will keep you posted! We have isolated the issue as a bug.

Best
Richard
The Dropbox Team

erlend w.
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

We live on hope!

Need more support?