cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD freezes/crashes when opening older unsynced Dropbox files.

AutoCAD freezes/crashes when opening older unsynced Dropbox files.

Preston J.
Explorer | Level 4

I've used dropbox for storage for 10+ years with AutoCAD. Recently on AutoCAD 2025 when opening older files from Dropbox (not even that old, say something I worked on in 2023) the program just freezes and won't open. The files are .dwg. I can force close AutoCAD, attempt to reopen that old file and it will freeze again, then I can force close again, and on the third time it will open the file. It's very odd. Any tips are greatly appreciated. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wow, that doesn't seem to be a Dropbox emblem. 🤔 Do you use some other sync/cloud storage service? If so, keep in mind that such services cannot work together and it's not a good idea to try.

Online/offline control should be available through the context menu (right mouse click on particular file).

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi @Preston J.,

It's likely you try open a file that's not in sync locally. Is your file in "online only" status? If so, make it available offline and then try open it (once it's marked with massive green emblem, not just tinny green check). 😉

Hope this helps.

Preston J.
Explorer | Level 4

Where would I check this? For example, here's a 2022 file that hasn't been opened for awhile. Also, any clue what the brown box is? 

PrestonJ_0-1719762791345.png

Wow, that doesn't seem to be a Dropbox emblem. 🤔 Do you use some other sync/cloud storage service? If so, keep in mind that such services cannot work together and it's not a good idea to try.

Online/offline control should be available through the context menu (right mouse click on particular file).

Preston J.
Explorer | Level 4

I think you helped me solve the solution. OneDrive was pre-installed on the computer so that's what the emblem is. I uninstalled it and now have the Dropbox green check mark (I made the entire folder "available offline" and it seems to be working now. I'm going to check the older files once they are done syncing. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Preston J. Explorer | Level 4
    Здравко Legendary | Level 20
What do Dropbox user levels mean?