cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Dropbox tips & tricks

Learn how to get the most out of Dropbox with other users like you.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do admins of orgs using Dropbox for Business support end users with syncing issues?

How do admins of orgs using Dropbox for Business support end users with syncing issues?

cmiarshvac
Helpful | Level 7

This is a general question for admins in organizations using Dropbox for Business.  How do you support users who are having Dropbox syncing issues on Windows endpoints?  I have been creating a screen sharing session where I can investigate syncing issues on the endpoint.  It seems to me that Dropbox for Business is missing some kind of telemetry from endpoints that gives status on sync health back to the admin console. Something that reported back every 15 mins would be better than flying blind.  I would even take a log file saved into the AppData folder that logged sync status when it wasn't "finished".  It seems like a reasonable feature. 

6 Replies 6

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @cmiarshvac, thanks for posting here today! 

If I understand this correctly, it sounds like you're referring to other team members and their devices, right? 

Would you like to let me know about your device structure, and how that report would work on your end? For instance would it be a report that you can locate through the admin console, about other members' devices, and their issues, or something different? 

Let me know more! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

cmiarshvac
Helpful | Level 7

@Megan This is a concept. I was thinking a section in the Admin Console called "Devices" where an admin could see the sync status of all the connected devices.  This is a starting point when someone calls for support regarding a file that is "not in Dropbox". 

Dropbox_Sync_Status_Concept.png

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @cmiarshvac, thanks for this suggestion!

I'll make sure to pass your feedback along to our team.

Let us know if you need anything else!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

DBoxTips
Experienced | Level 11

I use a recently-launched service called Syncmon. It does remote monitoring of Dropbox on Windows endpoints. 

Hope this helps.

Andrew (DBoxTips)

I am an individual contributor to the Dropbox Community forums, not affiliated with Dropbox. All opinions expressed here are my own.

cmiarshvac
Helpful | Level 7

@DBoxTips can you provide a link to information on Syncmon?  My search skills are failing me.

DBoxTips
Experienced | Level 11

Sure, here it is: https://syncmon.com

Hope this helps,

Andrew (DBoxTips)

I am an individual contributor to the Dropbox Community forums, not affiliated with Dropbox. All opinions expressed here are my own.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

DBoxTips Experienced | Level 11
    cmiarshvac Helpful | Level 7
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?