cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Dropbox for Beginners

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photos with friends, secret family recipes, pet videos, team projects - how are you using Dropbox?

Photos with friends, secret family recipes, pet videos, team projects - how are you using Dropbox?

Graham
Community Manager
There are many reasons why people create a Dropbox account, it could be any of the above, or you could be just looking to free up some space on your laptop. Whatever the reason, we’re glad you’re here! 

To help us get a better understanding of how you use your Dropbox account, it would be great to know if you’re planning on using your account for work, or your personal life. The more we know, the more we can help, so please leave a comment below and let us know!
4 Replies 4

Frijoles
Helpful | Level 6
I hope to use Dropbox for two reasons: 1. To maintain my photos while freeing up space on my iPhone and computer. And 2. To safely store the music files I create on LogicPro as a songwriter.

Dansig
Helpful | Level 6

Thanks for asking @Graham. I used it for both. I have been thinking of trying out Dropbox Dash but I need to confirm a few things before that! First, will it function properly with "Gmail with Dropbox" which I'm using? Second, must I download the "Dropbox Desktop App" before using Dash? Thank you.

Graham
Community Manager

Hi @Frijoles,

Thanks for the response. sounds like you know exactly what you want to use your Dropbox account for! If you haven't already, I would highly recommend enabling camera uploads for your photographs. It will help to keep all of your photos backup and allow you to free up more space on your devices.

Hi @Dansig, I've followed up on your questions about Dash and will come back you with more information when I get it. With regards to your question about using Dash with Gmail for Dropbox, I've been using it myself and haven't noticed any reduction in functionality, but I'll try and get an answer from someone who has a better understanding. 

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help with of you with!

Have a great day,

Graham

Dansig
Helpful | Level 6

Hey @Graham thanks for getting back to me. I signed up to try Dropbox Dash a while ago, after bumping into a request to try it out while attempting a challenge in the Advocates portal! I was glad when I noticed I had the choice of the Apps I wanted to use with it! So, to minimize App Integration complications I left out Gmail (which is already synced to Dropbox through - Gmail with Dropbox) when selecting the Apps I required to use together with it. I'll continue learning more about it while using it. Also, I'll soon be joining the Dash Community. Thank you.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Dansig Helpful | Level 6
    Graham Community Manager
    Frijoles Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?