cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Dropbox Replay

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replay: Better implementation of sharing / watermarks ?

Replay: Better implementation of sharing / watermarks ?

Toronto_Paul
Explorer | Level 3

Replay and it's integration into Resolve has great possibilities for client review/approvals and possibly out-perform Frame.io.

I find the key to client approvals is making sure it is drop-dead simple.  The current share (paper airplane) works but it's clunky.  

My 2¢ on what would be helpful.

• When pulling up the share window I'm typically sending so several people for review/approvals.  I'm copy/paste'ing from Outlook or Gmail so if I click back to Replay but outside the share window, the share window goes away and with it all the emails I copied over but hadn't sent/shared yet.  (AAAARrrrrrggg).  Could you change the behavior so you'd need to click a 'cancel' button to make the window close?
  • The share works well but after emailing Dropbox support it sounds like the only way to get the security watermark to work or manage people you've shared with is to make a project and share the whole project (add people).  This requires everyone to have a Dropbox account...which is ok for working with fellow creatives...but too clunky on the client side when requesting feedback and approvals where anything besides a single click is too complicated.  Could share management/watermarking function like add people?

Cheers!
3 Replies 3

lukeyo
Super User

Hey Paul

Could you share an annotated screenshot here because my replay does not have what you are talking about.

For me the sending workflow is simply:

Click share button

Click copy link

Make sure the link is in my clipboard

Go to email app and send the client email, pasting the link

Toronto_Paul
Explorer | Level 3

Using the generic share link does work but there is no management of the share this way and watermarking isn't available.

I'm trying to use the share tool (paper airplane) but as it works now there is no difference between this tool and the copy link tool.

My feedback would be to make the share tool in Replay work like it does in Dropbox.  This would allow the user to add/remove share privileges and have a record of who has access to the video (or any other creative file).  

If the viewers email could be coded into the share link sent via the share tool (paper airplane) so the video could be custom watermarked with the their email, that would allow for increased security without requiring a dropbox login from the client and would be a feature FrameIO currently doesn't offer.

Screenshot 2024-07-23 135858.png

lukeyo
Super User

Ok I see now, thanks for clarifying.

So right now to get watermarking and watermarking for individual emails, we have to go into a video and click the share button.

It makes sense what you're asking for - just apply the same options on the home page too, on the share icon there.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

lukeyo Super User
    Toronto_Paul Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?