cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: event_type file_edit doesn't appear in 2/team_log/get_events API

event_type file_edit doesn't appear in 2/team_log/get_events API

EvgeniyJK
Explorer | Level 4

I have Business Plus Plan with this API available. 

I uploaded multiple  docx files and edited some of them saw the event in dropbox.com/events area
But, when I try to get same event with event_type file_edit using mentioned API, it doesn't appear in the response. 

Other events, like file_add event_type do appear.

Regards,

Evgeniy

3 Replies 3

iNeil
Dropbox Engineer

Hello @EvgeniyJK ,

I have tested the conditions with the Dropbox API, and the /2/team_log/get_events[/continue] endpoint is working as expected. You should be able to preview the ”file_operations" events with these endpoints while using an account that has a Dropbox Business Plus plan.

That said, would you be able to cross check the subscription of the Dropbox account that is connected to the access token that you are using?

If you would like to determine the account email address associated with your access token, you can execute the 2/users/get_current_account endpoint. You can also test the endpoint using our Dropbox API explorer. 

For more information on how to view the Dropbox plan associated with your account, please review the following link: What Dropbox plan do I have?

EvgeniyJK
Explorer | Level 4

Hey @iNeil ,

thank you for your response. I'll be more precise:
I've added a word file and got file_add event. 
Then, I opened this file from Dbx using open with -.word , edit the file ( add few sentences and remove few other). 
 And I don't see file_edit event.

If I do the same for paper file, I do see such event.

Regards,

Evgeniy

iNeil
Dropbox Engineer

Hello @EvgeniyJK,

I have tested the steps you provided and was able to retrieve and preview the file_edit event using the Dropbox API. Could you please cross-check the events on the team activity on the admin console to see if you are able to preview the file edit events?

If you are able to preview the file_edit events on the Dropbox website and not the Dropbox API, please provide more details on how you are retrieving the events with the Dropbox API.

If you are unable to preview the file_edit events on the Dropbox website and Dropbox API, please provide the following below:

- the registered name of the API app

- the name and version number of the platform and SDK/library you are using, if any

- the steps to reproduce the issue, including relevant code snippet(s), but don't include any access or refresh token(s)

- the exact steps on how you are editing the word document with Dropbox

- the full unexpected output

Please note that there might be a delay when the event is logged on the team activity page and the Dropbox API when the action takes place.

Need more support?