cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation failure

Activation failure

Cici cici
Explorer | Level 3

Recently, I can't obtain "access token" through this url (https://api.dropbox.com/oauth2/token) so that I've been unable to activate the cloud.

The device's curl always shows : * Resolving timed out after 5009 milliseconds. But my network status is normal.
Please tell me how to analyze. Thank u very much.
4 Replies 4

iNeil
Dropbox Engineer

Hello @Cici cici,

I'll be happy to help with any issues you're having with the Dropbox API, but I'll need some more information. Please reply with: 

- the name and version number of the platform and SDK/library you are using, if any

- the steps to reproduce the issue, including relevant code snippet(s), but don't include any access or refresh token(s)

- the full text of any error or unexpected output

Alternatively, you can open an API ticket with the above information using the following link:

https://www.dropbox.com/developers/contact

Cici cici
Explorer | Level 3

Hi iNeil.

Thank you so much for your assistance. I only used the api to get the token and authenticate, without using any sdk/ library, and now I can finally get the 'AC token 'after extending the curl timeout, but at the same time  when i want to get other informations by (

), there are many error codes such as: 400, 404, 0, Failure writing output to destination...image.png

iNeil
Dropbox Engineer
Hello @Cici cici,

Would you be able to provide the full cURL command that you are using while executing the 2/users/get_space_usage endpoint?

I have tested the 2/users/get_space_usage endpoint, and I'm unable to replicate the issue. Please test the conditions using the following cURL command for the 2/users/get_space_usage endpoint.

curl -v -X POST https://api.dropboxapi.com/2/users/get_space_usage \
  --header 'Authorization: Bearer YOUR_ACCESS_TOKEN' \
  --header 'Content-Type: application/json' \
  --data 'null'
Please note, you can also test the endpoint while using our Dropbox API explorer.

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

@Cici cici wrote:

..., Failure writing output to destination...

Hi @Cici cici,

That error message is NOT Dropbox  (or any other service) related! 🙂

You have mistake in your script that calls the curl command. The destination file (or other entry in use) is NOT accessible for write for your code - whatever you have pointed using '-o' or '--output' option. That's it. Select another destination place (where your script may write to) or fix the access permission of the current destination. 😉

Hope this gives direction.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Здравко Legendary | Level 20
    iNeil Dropbox Engineer
    Cici cici Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?