cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Tagging functionality using File Property API

Tagging functionality using File Property API

John_D
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi, I am implementing tagging functionality using File Properties API with the requirement that user should be able to add unlimited numer of tags to any file.

According to the documentation, is possible to add only limited number of File Properties, defined by PropertyFieldTemplate (up to 32 properties in a single template),  number of created templates is also limited to 16.  Which means that tagging implementation using this API would allow to have only limited number of tags.

Can you please confirm that my undestanding is correct or may be point me to the API that allows implementation of unlimited tags.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Your understanding is correct; the Dropbox API does have those limits, so it's not possible to add an unlimited number of tags. Apologies I don't have better news for you!

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Your understanding is correct; the Dropbox API does have those limits, so it's not possible to add an unlimited number of tags. Apologies I don't have better news for you!

Need more support?