cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.NET SDK Invalid request while calling ProcessCodeFlowAsync

.NET SDK Invalid request while calling ProcessCodeFlowAsync

Ghislain Sommervogel
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Team,

I'm trying to setup a permanent connection (= a refreshToken process) to my app using OauthPKCE.

For this, I'm using the sample code provided here: https://github.com/dropbox/dropbox-sdk-dotnet/blob/main/dropbox-sdk-dotnet/Examples/OAuthPKCE/Progra...

I ran into a difficulty at this line:

var tokenResult = await OAuthFlow.ProcessCodeFlowAsync(redirectUri, ApiKey, RedirectUri.ToString(), state);

My redirectURI seems to be correct (something like http://127.0.0.1:52475/authorize?code=gAY-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx), but the subsequent call to ProcessCodeFlowAsync results in an exception (Dropbox.Api.OAuth2Exception: 'invalid_request'). Error description says "client secret is missing". I guess it has something to do with the "App secret" setting, but I couldn't find where to provide this information in ProcessCodeFlowAsync, nor in the above instructions.

Any idea? Thanks a lot for your help.

Ghislain

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

If you're using the PKCE flow, the client secret shouldn't be required, so based on this error it looks like you're not actually in a PKCE flow.

Have you modified the OAuthPKCE sample code? I just tried it as is (just plugging in an app key) and it is working for me.

Can you confirm you set up the OAuthFlow object as a PKCEOAuthFlow as shown here and that the redirectUri you are passing in to ProcessCodeFlowAsync comes from the same flow started with the same object? (This error would occur if the authorization code you are exchanging wasn't actually retrieved using PKCE.)

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?