cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My app has lost access to our team's shared files suddenly after ~10 years

My app has lost access to our team's shared files suddenly after ~10 years

brad_decker
New member | Level 2

Hello,

On the 20th of September, my app that responds to webhook events by using a cursor to synchronize a local database with a list of share links for various files and folders of importance suddenly lost access to the shared folder. The first thing that started happening was a 409 error with a path not found item in the response. I then ran the list_folder api on the root and found that only the two starting files for a new Dropbox user were present, none of the shared folders. I am at a loss for what has happened. So far i've tried upgrading access roles and generating a new token but nothing has worked.  Are there any changes that went live on the 20th that would have done this? I went through the event history for the team and it doesn't appear any changes were made that would affect the integration or the paths that are expected. 

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

It sounds like your team recently migrated to the "team space" configuration.

By default, API calls to the Dropbox API operate in the "member folder" of the connected account, not the "team space". That means that by default, the contents of the team space will not be found.

You can configure API calls to operate in the "team space" instead though, in order to interact with files/folders in the team space. To do so, you'll need to set the "Dropbox-API-Path-Root" header. You can find information on how to use this in the Team Files Guide.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?